Windows 10: Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

Discus and support Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Imaging Win10...FROM:HP Pavilion 500-2014 PC, win10 on 1TB HDD, UEFI, Sata->AHCI -- BUT "Legacy Support - disable", "Secure Boot - disable" TO: Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by a6shooter, Jun 9, 2022.

1. a6shooter Win User

Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

Imaging Win10...FROM:HP Pavilion 500-2014 PC, win10 on 1TB HDD, UEFI, Sata->AHCI -- BUT "Legacy Support - disable", "Secure Boot - disable" TO: Dell Inspiron 3891, UEFI only, Secure boot on, Sata->RAID. Had Win11 on 500gb SSD.Using Macrium Reflect Free. I installed it on the desktop of the new destination Win11 PC and chose&nb

:)

a6shooter, Jun 9, 2022
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Blue Screen Cloning System Image

I had a PC that was using two SSD's in a RAID 0 array and they were not performing as I wanted, so I bought a large enough SSD so that I would not need the two. I made a system image in Windows 7 stored on an external USB, I took out the SSDs and put in the one new one. I changed the BIOS setting so it was no longer set to RAID, and attempted to restore the image onto this new SSD. It went smoothly, but then when attempting to boot into Windows I am getting a blue screen every time.

The code is 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000). I imagine this has something to do with the hard drive. But I've done things like this in the past with no issues. I was suspecting RAID is the issue since this is my first time cloning a system on a RAID array to a SSD not setup for RAID. Is there something I can do on the RAID PC prior to creating the system image, so that when I clone it I don't have these blue screen issues? I'm really trying to avoid having to do a clean install, which would be a headache.

OrbitzXT, Jun 9, 2022
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jun 9, 2022
  4. Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

Proper way of cloning the OS from HDD to SSD

I bought a new SSD for my laptop, so I wanted to clone the OS from HDD to SSD.

My questions are....

Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens e1df0c34-f1b6-44a0-95b1-c92d08cb3331?upload=true.png

1. Should I clone the recovery and other 3 partitions to the SSD ? (C drive is obvious)

2. If I did clone all the 4 partitions to SSD, should I delete the older partitions from the HDD ?

3. Or can I clone only the C drive and use the other files from the HDD ?

Karthikbs27, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

1. Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens - Similar Threads - Cloned imaged SSD

2. Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS: I am planning to purchase a new computer which comes with Win 11. My old computer has Win 10 and obviously I do not want to transfer the OS from that computer to the new one. Can I clone/transfer the non-OS files in a batch to the new computer without bringing Win 10 or do I...
  3. Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS: I am planning to purchase a new computer which comes with Win 11. My old computer has Win 10 and obviously I do not want to transfer the OS from that computer to the new one. Can I clone/transfer the non-OS files in a batch to the new computer without bringing Win 10 or do I...
  4. Can I clone data from a SSD to a new SSD without the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens: Imaging Win10...FROM:HP Pavilion 500-2014 PC, win10 on 1TB HDD, UEFI, Sata->AHCI -- BUT "Legacy Support - disable", "Secure Boot - disable" TO: Dell Inspiron 3891, UEFI only, Secure boot on, Sata->RAID. Had Win11 on 500gb SSD.Using Macrium Reflect Free. I installed it on the...
  6. Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens

Cloned imaged OS to new PC SSD, now getting blue screens: Imaging Win10...FROM:HP Pavilion 500-2014 PC, win10 on 1TB HDD, UEFI, Sata->AHCI -- BUT "Legacy Support - disable", "Secure Boot - disable" TO: Dell Inspiron 3891, UEFI only, Secure boot on, Sata->RAID. Had Win11 on 500gb SSD.Using Macrium Reflect Free. I installed it on the...
  7. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  8. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  9. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone HDD, with OS and data, to SSD: I'm needed of your help, I recently got an SSD to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with Windows 10 Home Single Lamguage, I cleaned and format the SSD and used Macrium to clone, but it showed me a window saying that I couldn't acces that folder, I changed the security and the...