Windows 10: Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network

Discus and support Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to reset this computer for sale without losing any files and data on 3 other computers on same network. I store all my files on One Drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jdb27, Jun 29, 2024 at 1:02 PM.

1. jdb27 Win User

Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network

I want to reset this computer for sale without losing any files and data on 3 other computers on same network. I store all my files on One Drive.

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

3. Try3 Win User
    recognize ethernet ports for computer to computer network

I worked all this out for a Win7-WinXP direct ethernet computer-to-computer network and later amended it for a Win7-Win7 network. A step-by-step procedure for creating a two-computer Ethernet cable network - MSAForum You can use a crossover cable but do not have to. Doing this in Windows 10 is just about the same as doing it in Windows 7 but some diagrams look different & you have to look around for the equivalent settings in some cases. But I suggest you do yourself a favour and get a router so that it does all the hard work for you. Best of luck, Denis

4. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

Thema:

1. Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network - Similar Threads - Clearing Sale without

2. Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network: I want to reset this computer for sale without losing any files and data on 3 other computers on same network. I store all my files on One Drive....
  3. Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing this PC for Sale without affecting other Computers on Network: I want to reset this computer for sale without losing any files and data on 3 other computers on same network. I store all my files on One Drive....
  4. PC not seeing other computers on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not seeing other computers on my network: Recently I set up a new PC for one of my employees. It periodically stops seeing other computers on my Network, including our file share server.When this occurs, I log the user out, log in using my MS 365 account, and then go to File Explorer, and all of the computers on the...
  5. PC not seeing other computers on my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not seeing other computers on my network: Recently I set up a new PC for one of my employees. It periodically stops seeing other computers on my Network, including our file share server.When this occurs, I log the user out, log in using my MS 365 account, and then go to File Explorer, and all of the computers on the...
  6. How to change the colour scheme of windows without affecting other computers using the same...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the colour scheme of windows without affecting other computers using the same...: As the title says, is there any way to change my colour scheme to dark mode without affecting other computers using the same account. Because when I change my settings, it gets changed on another my family member's pc too because both of us are using the same outlook account....
  7. How to change the colour scheme of windows without affecting other computers using the same...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the colour scheme of windows without affecting other computers using the same...: As the title says, is there any way to change my colour scheme to dark mode without affecting other computers using the same account. Because when I change my settings, it gets changed on another my family member's pc too because both of us are using the same outlook account....
  8. Desktop PC cannot see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop PC cannot see other computers on network: My windows desktop has recently stopped displaying network connections in file explorer. It is happily connected to the network and communicating as I can access it from my windows laptop. But as far as it is concerned there are no other computers on the network only network...
  9. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  10. Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates: Dear Brink, I recently downgraded to 1709 because the audio was not good with the new update. Is there a way I can prevent the 1803 update without afecting the other available updates? 116138