Windows 10: Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

Discus and support Clear/transparent icon backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JetGardner, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used on a win10 desktop 24" monitor.------------------------------With all the questions/problems I've had with icons lately, one that's vexed me for years is creating a custom wallpaper icon background that is clear/transparent.Not the Icon itself, just the background.I create a custom icon by producing a small square image a

:)

JetGardner, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Eosphotog Win User

Transparent Start menu icon background?

On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the icon backgrounds as transparent, or at least matching the background color of the start menu. But with transparency turned on, the icon backgrounds are not transparent, but instead the accent color.

It is as if Microsoft said "Hey - ALL icons should be SQUARE - so we will make all icons SQUARE just like tiles, whether you like it or not".

Bleh. So - how does one make the start menu icon background color transparent?

Eosphotog, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Transparent desktop icon label background

I do agree, and I appreciates the help. I did not mean to appear disrespectful or ungrateful. This is free advice, and whoever moderates is under no obligation. But it is common in most forums to see threads simply passed over. It would just be nice if somebody said there is no known solution, rather than feeling no one else but you is interested.

I finally ran across a little program that does what I was was looking for, and other tasks as well.

Iconoid 386
    Iconoid - Hide and show desktop icons, make transparent backgrounds

kitpzyxmsir, Dec 23, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

Desktop Icon Background Color

Your example is a shortcut for the Camera app, a UWP app managed by the Store. I'm betting that the other blue desktop icons are also for Store apps.

The icon is part of the app, and would be updated whenever the Store automatically updates its apps. Going from transparent background to blue suggests MS have modified the Store app icons in the latest update and messed up its transparency effect. You'll have to wait for the next Store update to see if they correct this.

You cannot uninstall a Store app update to revert to an earlier version, but you can change its shortcut's icon. Right-click on the icon and select Properties, then click the Change icon button. Choose an appropriate icon, there is a camera icon available in the SHELL32.dll that it will offer by default - and that one is transparent .

Clear/transparent icon backgrounds [​IMG]

Thema:

Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

1. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds - Similar Threads - Clear transparent icon

2. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  3. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  4. Clear Transparent box on screen

Clear Transparent box on screen: If you can see the clear box down below it wont go away i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-transparent-box-on-screen/24f41087-3e4f-460c-a4ee-9148d8e277af
  5. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear/transparent icon backgrounds: Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used...
  6. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

Clear/transparent icon backgrounds: Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used...
  7. Icons of images with transparency appear with a black background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of images with transparency appear with a black background: I bought a new laptop and I installed Windows. The problem is that the icons of image files that have transparency look like they had a black background. In my old laptop, which had Windows preinstalled , this didn't happen; icons had transparency. What can I do to solve...
  8. An icon with dark background instead of transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An icon with dark background instead of transparent?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aarspar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5vzt4/an_icon_with_dark_background_instead_of/
  9. Transparent Start menu icon background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...
  10. Transparent desktop icon label background

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent desktop icon label background: When looking for a solution, all I have found is talk about drop shadows. I thought that was my issue until I looked up the definition for drop shadows, and that is not what I am referring to, I believe. I'm sure you all are familiar with this, but I will attach some...