Windows 10: Clean - Without the Install

Discus and support Clean - Without the Install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been asked to help, and am clueless. I've been given a working laptop and a tower to prepare for a yard sale and if not sold to donate to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MourningStar, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Clean - Without the Install

I have been asked to help, and am clueless. I've been given a working laptop and a tower to prepare for a yard sale and if not sold to donate to Salvation Army. It is desired to wipe the drives and leave it to the buyers to put their own OS. How to do?
    (hopefully a tutorial?)

-thx

:)

MourningStar, Oct 28, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Clean - Without the Install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Clean - Without the Install

1. Clean - Without the Install - Similar Threads - Clean Without Install

2. Here's How To Clean Install Windows Without USB!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here's How To Clean Install Windows Without USB!: Want to clean install reinstall Windows, but do not have a USB? Don't worry! Just follow this tutorial.Remember that this will delete all data on your PC, so make sure to back up all your data.Download Windows ISO file from following links:Windows 11: Download Windows 11 ISO...
  3. Here's How To Clean Install Windows Without USB!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's How To Clean Install Windows Without USB!: Want to clean install reinstall Windows, but do not have a USB? Don't worry! Just follow this tutorial.Remember that this will delete all data on your PC, so make sure to back up all your data.Download Windows ISO file from following links:Windows 11: Download Windows 11 ISO...
  4. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  5. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  6. Clean install without removing all drives first

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install without removing all drives first: I always clean install from bootable USB, never in place upgrade (There are several reasons, but that is a different conversation). Even since Windows 7, and possibly before, when installing Windows we've had to remove all drives other than the one we want to install windows...
  7. Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?: Two days ago, without any previous problems, I suddenly found myself basically locked out of my laptop. (I'm leaving out further explanation, because it's probably not relevant to my question.) I called tech support. They said it sounded like something had gone wrong...
  8. Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade

Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade: I have reserved my copy of Win 10 (upgrade from Win7 Pro 32bit retail) , but i plan to fit a SSD and instill the 64bit version of Win 10. does windows 10 need to be upgrade installed first so Win 10 recognizes my hardware or can i download the ISO and do a clean install...
  9. Possible to clean install w10pro without activation?

Possible to clean install w10pro without activation?: I used the media creation tool to get a w10 iso. Apparently there used to be an option select pro vs home, but no longer. During install when I skip activation, it installs the home version. Do I have to activate to get the choice of pro vs home, or is there a way around...
  10. Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.

Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.: Hello guys, when W10 first came out, I upgraded it from Win 8.1 to 10. Now, I want to make a clean install of W10, and I was wondering If I could use my W8.1 key. I mean, not installing 8.1 and upgrading, just installing W10 and putting the cd key, since I have it...