Windows 10: Class not registered

Discus and support Class not registered in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I am Blake. A kid who has little knowledge of what happened to my laptop. Once I was playing some Roblox and then once I got off for the day, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blakekennings, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Class not registered

Hi! I am Blake. A kid who has little knowledge of what happened to my laptop. Once I was playing some Roblox and then once I got off for the day, I went to sleep and went back to my laptop and saw the Class not registered thing. when I tried to use the search bar of the laptop, didn't work. Tried a sneaky way to access settings, class not registered. Go to the Microsoft store? NOPE! Can't access that either. Very few apps "survived" and I'm starting to go insane trying to find a fix to this. If you can help me in any way, I'd REALLY appreciate it

:)

blakekennings, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Erika Aro Win User

class not registered

Hi Sheila,

The error Class Not Registered may affect many applications. It can be due to changed changes on the Default apps. We'd like to ask the following to help us out on this:

• Can you elaborate the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Are you able to tell us when did this happened and how long is this ongoing?
    • Were there any newly installed applications or updates applied on the device?
    • Do you have another user account we can use on your device?

Erika Aro, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    "class not registered" error

Hi Eddie,

For better assistance, are you getting the error with this specific file only?

We suggest checking this thread to resolve the "Class not Registered"
    error.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Jane1ZT Win User

Class not registered

class not registered

Neither Edge or the start menu will load on my computer. It just comes up with X class not registered.

Any suggestions?

Jane1ZT, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Class not registered

1. Class not registered - Similar Threads - Class registered

2. "Class not registered" error when opening MP4s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Class not registered" error when opening MP4s: Whenever I try to download an MP4 and play it, it gives me an error saying "Class not registered". On File Explorer, it lists the file type as "Media Player". I think this may have something to do with all of my image files png, SVG, jpeg, etc. being referred to as "paint.net...
  3. "Class not registered" error when opening MP4s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Class not registered" error when opening MP4s: Whenever I try to download an MP4 and play it, it gives me an error saying "Class not registered". On File Explorer, it lists the file type as "Media Player". I think this may have something to do with all of my image files png, SVG, jpeg, etc. being referred to as "paint.net...
  4. Getting an error "class not registered" while installing wsl in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an error "class not registered" while installing wsl in windows 11: I am trying to install wsl in PowerShell and cmd but i am getting this error "Class not registered Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG "I have reinstalled windows and still getting the same error.Can anyone have the solution?...
  5. Getting an error "class not registered" while installing wsl in windows 11

Getting an error "class not registered" while installing wsl in windows 11: I am trying to install wsl in PowerShell and cmd but i am getting this error "Class not registered Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG "I have reinstalled windows and still getting the same error.Can anyone have the solution?...
  6. 1. CLASS NOT REGISTERED, 2. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1. CLASS NOT REGISTERED, 2. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY: I HAVE PROBLEM 1.WHEN I OPEN ANY VIDEOS THYEN WINDOWS SAYS CLASS NOT REGISTERED, 2. WHEN I WANT TO OPEN ANY PICTURE IT SAYS MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. FEW DAYS AGO I CHOOSE A SYSTEM RESTORE LOKE THAT . PLEASE HELP ME...
  7. 1. CLASS NOT REGISTERED, 2. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY

1. CLASS NOT REGISTERED, 2. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY: I HAVE PROBLEM 1.WHEN I OPEN ANY VIDEOS THYEN WINDOWS SAYS CLASS NOT REGISTERED, 2. WHEN I WANT TO OPEN ANY PICTURE IT SAYS MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. FEW DAYS AGO I CHOOSE A SYSTEM RESTORE LOKE THAT . PLEASE HELP ME...
  8. I got an error of "Class not registered" when I turned on my PC. I also can't open windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got an error of "Class not registered" when I turned on my PC. I also can't open windows...: I already tried everything from similar case " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registeredstart-not-workingwindows/0e9920ee-983f-4dd5-8a18-86368103dbfa " but it didn't work even tho sfc /scannow said everything was fine now. After restarting, I...
  9. I got an error of "Class not registered" when I turned on my PC. I also can't open windows...

I got an error of "Class not registered" when I turned on my PC. I also can't open windows...: I already tried everything from similar case " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registeredstart-not-workingwindows/0e9920ee-983f-4dd5-8a18-86368103dbfa " but it didn't work even tho sfc /scannow said everything was fine now. After restarting, I...
  10. I got an error of "Class not registered" when I turned on my PC. I also can't open windows...

in Windows 10 Customization