Windows 10: Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

Discus and support Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed* in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OneTypeGT, Jun 6, 2022.

1. OneTypeGT Win User

Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?Seemed to be a problem with an analog keyboard and changing some settings and restarting seemed to fix the problem.

:)

OneTypeGT, Jun 6, 2022
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 6, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 6, 2022
  4. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Jarvis,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to re-enable the option
    Always Ask before Opening this Type of File
    in internet explorer 11.

I would suggest you to reset the internet explorer settings to default and check if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset the settings.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      inetcpl.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now select the Advanced tab, and click on
      Restore advanced settings.
    4. Click on Apply.
    5. Restart the PC.

If you have any further queries, please get back to us and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

1. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed* - Similar Threads - Check Boxes File

2. Explorer Check Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Check Boxes: I have a laptop. It cannot be a tablet. The keyboard does not detach. In Explorer have deselected View>Show>Item Check Boxes and I cannot get the check boxes to NOT show. I don't want them to show. I have also deselected System>Personalization>Taskbar Behaviors>Optimize...
  3. Explorer Check Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Check Boxes: I have a laptop. It cannot be a tablet. The keyboard does not detach. In Explorer have deselected View>Show>Item Check Boxes and I cannot get the check boxes to NOT show. I don't want them to show. I have also deselected System>Personalization>Taskbar Behaviors>Optimize...
  4. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer *Fixed*: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?Seemed to be a problem with an analog keyboard and changing some settings and restarting seemed to...
  5. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?...
  6. Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer

Check Boxes in Windows 11 File explorer: My file explorer started adding these checkboxes with everything that when selecting an item gets checked blue. I don't like this and want to turn it off. Does anybody know how?...
  7. Check boxes on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  8. Check boxes on file explorer

Check boxes on file explorer: Today my file explorer started looking like this. A check boxes by each item.How do I get rid of them? Note that the option to show check boxes is NOT selected....
  9. File Explorer check box sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer check box sensitivity: I am trying to select some photos, using File Explorer. But check boxes keep getting checked even though they are not the photos I want to select. Also, when I do select by clicking the box, the picture gets opened with the Photos app. I don't want to open any photos, I just...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer Check Box Won't Stay Checked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Check Box Won't Stay Checked: Why won't the check box stay checked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-check-box-wont-stay/6ff7ee8d-40de-42be-a03d-0d220a518b66"