Windows 10: Changing MS account without losing email data

Discus and support Changing MS account without losing email data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not even sure how to phrase my question. My intent is to change my MS subscription from one account to another - thereby nulifying my Skype account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doug Wood1, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Changing MS account without losing email data

I'm not even sure how to phrase my question. My intent is to change my MS subscription from one account to another - thereby nulifying my Skype account under the existing name. How do I transfer my current MS account say, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to a new login without losing my very important email account. The intent is to get rid of the Skype piece but keep everything else.I wish I could explain better.

:)

Doug Wood1, Oct 18, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 18, 2022
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 18, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Changing MS account without losing email data

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Changing MS account without losing email data [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Changing MS account without losing email data

1. Changing MS account without losing email data - Similar Threads - Changing account without

2. How to Change the Main Account Email in Windows 11 Without Losing Data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the Main Account Email in Windows 11 Without Losing Data?: Hello,I have an issue with my Windows 11 account. I accidentally set up the wrong email address for my main account. How can I change it to the correct email while keeping all my files and settings intact? I want to retain everything on my PC as it is, just with the updated...
  3. How to Change the Main Account Email in Windows 11 Without Losing Data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the Main Account Email in Windows 11 Without Losing Data?: Hello,I have an issue with my Windows 11 account. I accidentally set up the wrong email address for my main account. How can I change it to the correct email while keeping all my files and settings intact? I want to retain everything on my PC as it is, just with the updated...
  4. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  5. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing account user without losing data: Hi, I am setting up parental controls on my sons laptop which is currently logged in under my account as administrator. I would like to set him up with his own account, but need to keep everything downloaded on the laptop, such as games, settings etc. Can you please advise...
  6. Changing account user without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changing MS account without losing email data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing MS account without losing email data: I'm not even sure how to phrase my question. My intent is to change my MS subscription from one account to another - thereby nulifying my Skype account under the existing name. How do I transfer my current MS account say, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to a new...
  8. Change email connected to microsoft account or change microsoft account without losing data

Change email connected to microsoft account or change microsoft account without losing data: Hi, I'm trying to change the microsoft account on my son's computer to be a child account under my name. I noticed I have two adult accounts in my own name so changed one of them into my son's name and age and it was made a child account. Whenever I try to enter that...
  9. Changing device admin without losing data

Changing device admin without losing data: I need to change my device admin account from my personal one to my work account. I have both Microsoft accounts added to the same admin profile on the machine but I need to change the primary contact information and account info from one to the other without losing any of my...
  10. How to change microsoft accounts without losing data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change microsoft accounts without losing data.: I want to change from a parents account to my account without losing any of my saved data on my drive, how would i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-microsoft-accounts-without-losing/9c20aabb-94fb-4045-b01b-36860bd7d8ca"