Windows 10: Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

Discus and support Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have had no luck with this and using Windows 10. I am trying, as the administrator and parent, to change a sign-on pin code for my child.When I sign... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Scott-Fender1, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

I have had no luck with this and using Windows 10. I am trying, as the administrator and parent, to change a sign-on pin code for my child.When I sign onto my child's desktop user account, and go to sign-in options, it says it's currently unavailable. There is no available option to "change" the pin code.I am somehow not even able to do this from my administrator account.She does have her Microsoft Live/Outlook account somehow associated with her school email which I believe is making it more complicated to change.I have tried everything that was suggested on numerous sites and nothing seems t

:)

Scott-Fender1, Jul 11, 2022

2. PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

I am using the Microsoft account page under family members. In this section where it shows my Grand Daughters Account details there is no option to have a Pin Code, However on my page, as Administrator, I can create a Pin.

IreneHeald, Jul 11, 2022
  3. PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• How are you trying to change the password?
    • Have you logged in to your account and trying to set the PIN?
    I would suggest you to switch to child account and then try to set a 4 digit PIN from here and check if it works.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 11, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2022
Thema:

Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

1. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child? - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft sign

2. Change pin sign on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change pin sign on: How to change desktop sign on pin if forgot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pin-sign-on/f99ea188-ce04-4e7a-8625-96c0f681f19e
  3. Change pin sign on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change pin sign on: How to change desktop sign on pin if forgot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pin-sign-on/f99ea188-ce04-4e7a-8625-96c0f681f19e
  4. Change pin sign on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?: I have had no luck with this and using Windows 10. I am trying, as the administrator and parent, to change a sign-on pin code for my child.When I sign onto my child's desktop user account, and go to sign-in options, it says it's currently unavailable. There is no available...
  6. Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?

Changing a Microsoft sign-on pin code for a child?: I have had no luck with this and using Windows 10. I am trying, as the administrator and parent, to change a sign-on pin code for my child.When I sign onto my child's desktop user account, and go to sign-in options, it says it's currently unavailable. There is no available...
  7. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  8. change sign in to a PIN

change sign in to a PIN: My PIN has stopped working surely someone form this organisation can tell, me how to revert to a PIN rather than password?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-sign-in-to-a-pin/ff98e26a-ddf3-45b5-9e78-65bf53304f66
  9. Changing Pin for Sign In

Changing Pin for Sign In: Hello, I changed my PIN from a 4 to 6 digit number. I need to change my PIN again to a different number but NOTHING shows up for me to do that. I have followed all the directions to try and change it but PIN is not listed to change or update. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  10. Changing Childs pin number

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Childs pin number: I set up a log in pin for my child on his account. It worked for a day , now it says its the wrong pin and enter the password I do this and it opens a brand new windows page rather the his account and page I set up for him . what should I do to get into his account....