Windows 10: Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it

Discus and support Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have mistakenly changed my Administrator account to Device Owner and now I can't access it. I have one standard user account can you please help me... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by D3LUSI0NAL, Aug 12, 2024.

1. Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it

I have mistakenly changed my Administrator account to Device Owner and now I can't access it. I have one standard user account can you please help me

:)

D3LUSI0NAL, Aug 12, 2024

2. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Aug 12, 2024
  3. Change original administrator account

I have purchased a used Asus laptop that already has Win 10 installed on it from the original owner. All of the settings on the computer are linked to that owner's Microsoft account and administrator account. Is there a way for me to change the administrator information to my Microsoft account and email? I can log in using the old owner's password to access the administrator account, but I don't see any way to change the account to my information. If I create a new user account and make it an administrator account, when I log in using the new account, there is no access to any of the apps I need from the original account. Thanks.

lucidanomaly, Aug 12, 2024
  4. angus Win User

Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 12, 2024
Thema:

Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it

1. Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it - Similar Threads - Changed Administrator account

2. Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it: I have mistakenly changed my Administrator account to Device Owner and now I can't access it. I have one standard user account can you please help me...
  3. Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my Administrator account to Device Owner now I can't access it: I have mistakenly changed my Administrator account to Device Owner and now I can't access it. I have one standard user account can you please help me...
  4. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  5. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  6. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  8. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  9. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Administrator account changed to device owner. My account is not showed in the list...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account changed to device owner. My account is not showed in the list...: I accidently turned my account administrator to device owner. I think my computer now thinks that i am a account that you can't log in like TrustedInstaller or SYSTEM , because its not in the account list anymore. I checked the Users folder from a non-admin account , and my...