Windows 10: Change from volume license to personal license

Discus and support Change from volume license to personal license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to change the windows 10 license on my computer from a volume license to a personal license. When I try to activate my new product key, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SigneLPU, Mar 2, 2020.

1. SigneLPU Win User

Change from volume license to personal license

I am trying to change the windows 10 license on my computer from a volume license to a personal license. When I try to activate my new product key, I get an error key: 0xc004f050. What am I doing wrong?

:)

SigneLPU, Mar 2, 2020

2. How to change volume license to personal license?

So you buy a Version of windows that matches the version installed (other than being a volume license) I assume it is Win Pro since there would be no Volume licensing of Win10 Home, so Home will not be a viable option.

You do not need to install the new windows version. Just go to the Windows button (lower left side of desktop). Go to Settings (the gear looking symbol and click it). Towards the bottom of the right side pane, you will find the Windows specifications area.
    Click on Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows. Click on Change product key.

Enter your product key and click next. I don't want to change mine so I don't know what the next screen will say, but when finished you will no longer have a volume license.

Q-U-I-G-M-O, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Volume License

There's no windows10 iso items in the list of volume license center, what's wrong?

李兵_STPM, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Change from volume license to personal license

How to change volume license to personal license?

I recently got to know that my windows system is activated by an organisation using KMS (Key Management Server) and I will lose access if I do not connect to their server. Since that is not going to happen,
    can somebody help me on how can I convert that license into a personal license
    without losing my data.

BhuvvaanChandra, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Change from volume license to personal license

1. Change from volume license to personal license - Similar Threads - Change volume license

2. VOLUME LICENSE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOLUME LICENSE: I live in Lebanon and purchased my laptop brand new. Recently when trying to upgrade to windows 11 I am receiving error code: 0xC004F074 “we can’t activate windows on this device because we can’t connect to your organisations activation server”.I am not with an organisation,...
  3. VOLUME LICENSE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VOLUME LICENSE: I live in Lebanon and purchased my laptop brand new. Recently when trying to upgrade to windows 11 I am receiving error code: 0xC004F074 “we can’t activate windows on this device because we can’t connect to your organisations activation server”.I am not with an organisation,...
  4. VOLUME LICENSE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Volume License vs OEM License

Volume License vs OEM License: Hi Team,In my organization, We have volume licence for my windows clients, Windows 10 enterprise, Pro, Etc.. > Can i a buy a bare metal laptop from vendor and use my company image and key to activate my laptop>Or do i need to buy device with operating system. >Is it mandatory...
  6. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume License vs OEM License: Hi Team,In my organization, We have volume licence for my windows clients, Windows 10 enterprise, Pro, Etc.. > Can i a buy a bare metal laptop from vendor and use my company image and key to activate my laptop>Or do i need to buy device with operating system. >Is it mandatory...
  7. Volume License vs OEM License

8. Volume Licensing.

Volume Licensing.: Hello everyone, I have encountered a problem recently where it says my Windows License has expired. I have bought a machine with Windows 10 from a store 3 months ago. Presently, I keep on getting the pop up. Now I seeked help in Microsoft's Community Discord and they said to...
  9. Disadvantage of volume licensing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disadvantage of volume licensing?: Hello, I have bought Office pro plus 2019 and Windows 10 pro on Amazon very very cheap, I received a manual and a USB stick with the software The whole thing was visibly dubious, and through the comments on Amazon I found out that it is a volume license. Here are my...
  10. Volume Licensing

Volume Licensing: When I try to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to get my product key for Microsoft Sql server 2019 I get the error code: 1000 Has anyone encountered this? I am putting in my password correctly I think...