Windows 10: Change default app install location didn’t work

Discus and support Change default app install location didn’t work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I changed my default app installation disk, but it still installs apps on C: instead of D:Thank you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arieltorresdp, Oct 5, 2024 at 10:17 PM.

1. Change default app install location didn’t work

Hi! I changed my default app installation disk, but it still installs apps on C: instead of D:Thank you!

:)

arieltorresdp, Oct 5, 2024 at 10:17 PM

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

3. Chrome/ App didn`t start

Hi!

I've got this message today while I was trying to use Chrome and a Safe Pay (via an antivirus) application: "The procedure entry point IpRenewAddress could not be located in the dynamic..." (for each application). I`ve reinstalled Chrome several times, (deleting
    also the related data in Program Files) bur didn`t work. Can you give me a hand with this please? Change default app install location didn’t work :)

*Windows 10 has been updated 2 days ago but yesterday the apps worked properly.

Many thanks!

Radu

Change default app install location didn’t work 979b239e-a7e7-40d0-b544-d0d722ab3687?upload=true.jpg

4. Change default app install location didn’t work

How to change default app installation location?

Please someone tell me how to change default app installation location.

Thema:

Change default app install location didn’t work

1. Change default app install location didn’t work - Similar Threads - Change default app

2. Change default app install location didn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default app install location didn’t work: Hi! I changed my default app installation disk, but it still installs apps on C: instead of D:Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-app-install-location-didnt-work/d12786e3-2b1d-483c-b79f-f1199be720c3
  3. Changing default install location of apps doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing default install location of apps doesn't work: Fresh install of windows 11, want to install OS in one drive C: and install all other apps/programs in another drive D:.I've changed the default install location to drive D: but every time something gets installed it still gets put into drive C:....
  4. Changing default install location of apps doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default install location of apps doesn't work: Fresh install of windows 11, want to install OS in one drive C: and install all other apps/programs in another drive D:.I've changed the default install location to drive D: but every time something gets installed it still gets put into drive C:....
  5. Unable to install and change default app save location.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install and change default app save location.: Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to install games from the microsoft store on my D: drive. When I got to the store and install try to install a game I will select my D: drive and press install but nothing will happen.I then tried to change deafult install location of...
  6. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  7. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  8. How to change default app installation location?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change default app installation location?: Please someone tell me how to change default app installation location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-app-installation-location/c1cf08e2-1608-400a-a055-38938e1ca8da
  9. Change Default Installation Location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  10. Changing default install location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...