Windows 10: CD Rom

Discus and support CD Rom in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenisePritchard1, Jan 13, 2021.

1. CD Rom

I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive?

:)

DenisePritchard1, Jan 13, 2021

2. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jan 13, 2021
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jan 13, 2021
  4. CD Rom

CD-ROM Drive Info.

Hi Dan,

What's the make and model of your CD/DVD Drive? Some manufacturers put a sticker on the device where the speed and other relevant information are indicated. However, you may look into the System Information of your PC to get more details about your CD-ROM.
    If the information is not available, then we suggest that you check the details from the manufacturer's website.

To check in System Information:

• In the Cortana search, search for System Information and open it.
    • Under System Summary, expand Components by clicking the
      + sign.
    • Under Multimedia, click CD-ROM.
    • Look for the burning speed of your CD-ROM in the left pane.

If the burning speed is not indicated, then we suggest that you visit its manufacturer's website for more information about the device.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

CD Rom

1. CD Rom - Similar Threads - Rom

2. CD ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD ROM: ASUS DVD-E818A9Tb SCSI CdRom Device,.,,,.Windows7,Windows10 22h2.,?.deeplMy ASUS DVD-E818A9Tb SCSI CdRom Device, when I put in a CD-ROM Warcraft the light blinks. But in reality, it doesn't read the contents of the CD I need, and from what I can tell, the drive itself is...
  3. CD ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD ROM: ASUS DVD-E818A9Tb SCSI CdRom Device,.,,,.Windows7,Windows10 22h2.,?.deeplMy ASUS DVD-E818A9Tb SCSI CdRom Device, when I put in a CD-ROM Warcraft the light blinks. But in reality, it doesn't read the contents of the CD I need, and from what I can tell, the drive itself is...
  4. CD ROM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Eu instalei uma custom rom e deu aquilo de falha ao carregar sbat shim e não consigo usar o...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eu instalei uma custom rom e deu aquilo de falha ao carregar sbat shim e não consigo usar o...: Falha ao carregar sbat shim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eu-instalei-uma-custom-rom-e-deu-aquilo-de-falha/5de29edf-30f3-4e59-b191-a8401fa5d63b
  6. Switch to a new CD Rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to a new CD Rom: Somehow my laptop's built-in CD-Rom D: doesn't work anymore - cannot reject at all!Then I bough an external CD Rom. Every time I plus it in and it shows in E: drive.I need to re-install some software, the system asks me to insert my CD to the built-in CD-Rom D:, but cannot...
  7. Switch to a new CD Rom

Switch to a new CD Rom: Somehow my laptop's built-in CD-Rom D: doesn't work anymore - cannot reject at all!Then I bough an external CD Rom. Every time I plus it in and it shows in E: drive.I need to re-install some software, the system asks me to insert my CD to the built-in CD-Rom D:, but cannot...
  8. no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11: hi,i have bought about 3 external CD ROM drive.1 from TEMU1 from Aliexpress1 from our local MAKRO storeand none of them work with windows 11.strangely, i have an apple SuperDrive, which, after loading the driver from the BootCamp, works just superb !!please could anyone...
  9. no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11

no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11: hi,i have bought about 3 external CD ROM drive.1 from TEMU1 from Aliexpress1 from our local MAKRO storeand none of them work with windows 11.strangely, i have an apple SuperDrive, which, after loading the driver from the BootCamp, works just superb !!please could anyone...
  10. All My Blu-ray, DVD, CD roms 3 drivers stopped working. This happened with the latest...

All My Blu-ray, DVD, CD roms 3 drivers stopped working. This happened with the latest...: I'm getting this error messages on all three Blu-Ray, DVD and CD rom drivers:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Object Name not found.The Blu-ray and DVD roms are USB 3.0 connected. The DVD/CD rom is an...