Windows 10: CD rom on Window 10

Discus and support CD rom on Window 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sharilyn Kaniuk, Nov 13, 2023.

1. CD rom on Window 10

HelloI have a lot of older, 1990, games that i would like to load on my computer. I tried but received an error. Is there anyway to run CD ROM on a Windows 10 system? Thank you

:)

Sharilyn Kaniuk, Nov 13, 2023

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Nov 13, 2023
  3. CD rom

Hi Eugenia,

There are numerous reasons for your CD ROM not to be recognized by your system like corrupted registry entries, outdated drivers, or hardware issue. To isolate such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

You can also follow the steps
    here
    . The article lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for issues in recognizing CD drive.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Nov 13, 2023
  4. CD rom on Window 10

CD Rom

If you have a desktop computer try the following step:

Shutdown the PC.

Unplug the data cable (ATA or SATA) and the power source (4 Pin Molex or SATA Power)

After boot the Windows 10 without CD Rom.

Shutdown the PC and connect the CD Rom.

Boot the OS.

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Nov 13, 2023
Thema:

CD rom on Window 10

1. CD rom on Window 10 - Similar Threads - rom Window

2. no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11: hi,i have bought about 3 external CD ROM drive.1 from TEMU1 from Aliexpress1 from our local MAKRO storeand none of them work with windows 11.strangely, i have an apple SuperDrive, which, after loading the driver from the BootCamp, works just superb !!please could anyone...
  3. no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no external CD ROM drive seems to work with windows 11: hi,i have bought about 3 external CD ROM drive.1 from TEMU1 from Aliexpress1 from our local MAKRO storeand none of them work with windows 11.strangely, i have an apple SuperDrive, which, after loading the driver from the BootCamp, works just superb !!please could anyone...
  4. Matshita DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade - troubleshooting says everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Matshita DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade - troubleshooting says everything...: I have samsung MagicSeries 7 DM700A3C-A14 All-in-one desktop. it has windows 10 installed on it recently originally comes with windows 7,8. Then suddenly it doesn't play or recognize DVD/CD. the player hums then stops nothing happens. I followed all the troubleshoot steps...
  5. Matshita DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade - troubleshooting says everything...

Matshita DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade - troubleshooting says everything...: I have samsung MagicSeries 7 DM700A3C-A14 All-in-one desktop. it has windows 10 installed on it recently originally comes with windows 7,8. Then suddenly it doesn't play or recognize DVD/CD. the player hums then stops nothing happens. I followed all the troubleshoot steps...
  6. Matshita DVD/CD ROM not working after Windows 10 upgrade - troubleshooting says everything...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bring back Windows Mobile. I will do anything to save it. Even just work on some rom for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back Windows Mobile. I will do anything to save it. Even just work on some rom for a...: I know this is so out of control and I never had one. But I think Windows Phone could be good by:Making some UI with the icons on the screen.Removing MetroMaking a nice style of Windows 11DON'T MAKE IT FOR BUISNESS ONLYA refreshed camera.I would rather have microsoft take...
  8. Bring back Windows Mobile. I will do anything to save it. Even just work on some rom for a...

Bring back Windows Mobile. I will do anything to save it. Even just work on some rom for a...: I know this is so out of control and I never had one. But I think Windows Phone could be good by:Making some UI with the icons on the screen.Removing MetroMaking a nice style of Windows 11DON'T MAKE IT FOR BUISNESS ONLYA refreshed camera.I would rather have microsoft take...
  9. Cannot insert discs into my external CD/DVD ROM player with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot insert discs into my external CD/DVD ROM player with windows 11: I have an iMac m3 only months old with Parallels 19 and windows 11. I have an Apple external cd/dvd writer/player connected to the Mac with a hob to use usb 2 to the usb c format. I cannot insert a dvd into the player as it seems reluctant. To check if the drive is ok I...
  10. Cannot insert discs into my external CD/DVD ROM player with windows 11

Cannot insert discs into my external CD/DVD ROM player with windows 11: I have an iMac m3 only months old with Parallels 19 and windows 11. I have an Apple external cd/dvd writer/player connected to the Mac with a hob to use usb 2 to the usb c format. I cannot insert a dvd into the player as it seems reluctant. To check if the drive is ok I...