Windows 10: Can't verify identity because phone number is old

Discus and support Can't verify identity because phone number is old in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richad Darling, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she didn’t have access to a browser she called me in the US, and I entered her information in the URL listed. I changed the phone number to a new number in the security section of her account, and received a message that she can’t get a message on the phone for 30 days. How does she get into her laptop now? She doesn’t want t

:)

Richad Darling, Jan 1, 2022

2. Verifying identity with no registered phone number

Hi.

I am not being allowed to send email from my webmail account until I verify my identity through a code sent to my phone. However, since I don't have a phone associated with this account, no code is sent to me. Is there some other way to verify my identity,
    or must I simply abandon this email account?

RobertWaters1, Jan 1, 2022
  3. Verify your identity oln this PC

Being ask to verify my identity, since the last update - Creators Update - it no longer accept the remain letters for the email or the numbers for the mobile phone on the PC

As a result it no longer sync ...

Any suggestions?

esbkk11000, Jan 1, 2022
  4. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Wow, Brink! Thanks for your fast response. Yes I did add my current phone number to replace my old phone number as an alias for this Microsoft account:

Can't verify identity because phone number is old [​IMG]

I also did add to my "Security settings" for my Microsoft account:

After I did those procedures, it is very weird that there is STILL no option for my current phone number. The option exists just for my old phone number:

I have repeatedly tried this then did restart my Windows 10 so many times.
    Is there an option or any tricks to disconnect the email that related to this Windows user account then change it with new Microsoft email?

aderabalan, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

Can't verify identity because phone number is old

1. Can't verify identity because phone number is old - Similar Threads - Can't verify identity

2. No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity: Hi,I can no longer verify my account with the number associated with the account, and don't have an alternative option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-longer-access-to-my-phone-number-for-verify/9211f0bc-3121-4cbd-b974-5826539c87f7
  3. No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity: Hi,I can no longer verify my account with the number associated with the account, and don't have an alternative option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-longer-access-to-my-phone-number-for-verify/9211f0bc-3121-4cbd-b974-5826539c87f7
  4. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...
  5. can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't manage windows account because can't "verify identity".: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020 OS build 19045.4046 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 The latest update seems to have borked my machine. I could no longer connect to my NAS. When trying to reenable network discovery,...
  6. Can't verify phone number on coupons.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't verify phone number on coupons.com: Coupons.com cannot verify my phone number when I'm using Windows 11. It works fine when I use another device with Windows 10. Is there a setting I can change on the 11?...
  7. Can't verify phone number on coupons.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't verify phone number on coupons.com: Coupons.com cannot verify my phone number when I'm using Windows 11. It works fine when I use another device with Windows 10. Is there a setting I can change on the 11?...
  8. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't verify identity because phone number is old: My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she...
  9. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't verify identity because phone number is old: My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she...
  10. can't verify account because i no longer have the phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't verify account because i no longer have the phone number: have filled out the form several time and keep getting can't verify acct. message I am unable to access my email accounts. how do I fix this?...