Windows 10: Can't upgrade to Windows 11

Discus and support Can't upgrade to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have Win 10 pro and I'm failing to upgrade to Win 11.I have NUC i7 gen 11, BIOS is on secure boot on, no external storage is connected, BIOS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Guy Eilat, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Guy Eilat Win User

Can't upgrade to Windows 11

Hi,I have Win 10 pro and I'm failing to upgrade to Win 11.I have NUC i7 gen 11, BIOS is on secure boot on, no external storage is connected, BIOS is updated to latest, tried updating through the win11 assistant - nothing.This is he error I'm gettingCan't upgrade to Windows 11 :please help

:)

Guy Eilat, Oct 1, 2022

2. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Oct 1, 2022
  3. dougboes Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Can't upgrade to Windows 11

i dont want upgrade to windows 11

Hi Samiee,

How to Stop or Block Windows 11 update - Your Windows Guide

To Block Windows 11 update, see the steps below, which is explained later on step by step. This would also work even if you have clicked Download and install.

• Right-click Start and select Windows Powershell(admin).
    • Press Yes when Prompted.
    • Type cmd.exe to open Command Prompt inside Powershell.
    Paste the following command to enable Targeted Updates to a specific release:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversion /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    If you are on Windows 10 version 21H2, use the command below:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversionInfo /t REG_SZ /d 21H2
    If you are on Windows 10 version 21H1, use the command below:

• reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v TargetReleaseversionInfo /t REG_SZ /d 21H1
    You should see the “The command completed successfully” message when you enter the commands.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Can't upgrade to Windows 11

1. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade

2. Can't activate windows 11 after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 11 after upgrade.: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 on my old PC, and it was digitally linked to my Microsoft account. And activation was fine. Until, upgrading motherboard, CPU and ram. I did a clean install, and signed in to my Microsoft account thinking that would activate windows 11....
  3. Can't activate windows 11 after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 11 after upgrade.: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 on my old PC, and it was digitally linked to my Microsoft account. And activation was fine. Until, upgrading motherboard, CPU and ram. I did a clean install, and signed in to my Microsoft account thinking that would activate windows 11....
  4. I can't upgrade from Windows 11 home to 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade from Windows 11 home to 11 Pro: I recently installed Windows 11 home on my new pc and want to Activate Windows, but when I try to do so i get this message:"We can't activate Windows from these devices.Edition doesn't matchWindows edition on the devices listed below don’t match the Windows edition installed...
  5. I can't upgrade from Windows 11 home to 11 Pro

I can't upgrade from Windows 11 home to 11 Pro: I recently installed Windows 11 home on my new pc and want to Activate Windows, but when I try to do so i get this message:"We can't activate Windows from these devices.Edition doesn't matchWindows edition on the devices listed below don’t match the Windows edition installed...
  6. Can't upgrade to Windows 11, crash due to GPU driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11, crash due to GPU driver?: Hello. I have touble upgrading to Windows 11, I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 current version 31.0.15.5161, date 2/15/2024. Problem is whenever I update the GPU driver any further, the system crashes on reboot with a beep every sec, a simple reset seems to fix this problem by...
  7. Can't upgrade to Windows 11, crash due to GPU driver?

Can't upgrade to Windows 11, crash due to GPU driver?: Hello. I have touble upgrading to Windows 11, I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 current version 31.0.15.5161, date 2/15/2024. Problem is whenever I update the GPU driver any further, the system crashes on reboot with a beep every sec, a simple reset seems to fix this problem by...
  8. Can't upgrade to Windows 11, crash due to GPU driver?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 2H22 due to error 0x80070003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Windows 10 2H22 due to error 0x80070003: I've been stuck on an older version of Windows 10 for a while now. I found an error log file that has a clue, specifically CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003:C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther>type...
  10. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 2H22 due to error 0x80070003

Can't upgrade to Windows 10 2H22 due to error 0x80070003: I've been stuck on an older version of Windows 10 for a while now. I found an error log file that has a clue, specifically CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003:C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther>type...