Windows 10: Can't unpin network locations from quick access

Discus and support Can't unpin network locations from quick access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got two pinned network location in my Quick access menu and I can't delete them. One is my current backup drive still can't map it though and one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Will Lyon, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Will Lyon Win User

Can't unpin network locations from quick access

I've got two pinned network location in my Quick access menu and I can't delete them. One is my current backup drive still can't map it though and one is the IP for my old backup which doesn't exist. How do I get them unpinned?

:)

Will Lyon, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 10, 2022
  3. Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I've pinned an FTP location to the Quick Access menu in Windows 10 Explorer, but now cannot unpin it.

To replicate:

1. Browse to an FTP location in Windows Explorer

2. Right-click "Quick Access"

3. Select "Pin current folder to Quick access"

4. Right-click the newly pinned folder

You should see that there is no option to unpin the folder. The context menu only offers the (greyed out) option to "Expand".

Notably, this pin only appears in Explorer and not in the jump lists (for example by right-clicking Explorer from the task bar).

How do I remove this pin?

alecgibson, Dec 10, 2022
  4. Can't unpin network locations from quick access

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

Can't unpin network locations from quick access

1. Can't unpin network locations from quick access - Similar Threads - Can't unpin network

2. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  3. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  4. Can't unpin network locations from quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpin network locations from quick access: I've got two pinned network location in my Quick access menu and I can't delete them. One is my current backup drive still can't map it though and one is the IP for my old backup which doesn't exist. How do I get them unpinned?...
  5. Can't unpin network locations from quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't unpin network locations from quick access: I've got two pinned network location in my Quick access menu and I can't delete them. One is my current backup drive still can't map it though and one is the IP for my old backup which doesn't exist. How do I get them unpinned?...
  6. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?: When I press unpin nothing happens. When I try to open it, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it". I installed Onedrive, same problem. Its not a seperate Tab like "This PC" and "Quick accesses" its in "Quick accesses" tab with Descktop and downloads so...
  7. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?: When I press unpin nothing happens. When I try to open it, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it". I installed Onedrive, same problem. Its not a seperate Tab like "This PC" and "Quick accesses" its in "Quick accesses" tab with Descktop and downloads so...
  8. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can not unpin folder from quick access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not unpin folder from quick access.: [IMG][ATTACH] So I recently used the registry editor to get rid of Onedrive in my Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Desktop folder. It used to look like this: C:\Users\linsj\onedrive\Documents\ now it looks like this: C:\Users\linsj\Documents\ Which is a good thing...
  10. Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10: How to: Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Locations from Quick access in Windows 10 [img] Information The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are your frequent...