Windows 10: can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

Discus and support can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After installing window 11 the problem that arise is cant unmute sound and my device touch pad stop function. And previously was using window 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joshua Kaluma, May 18, 2024.

1. can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

After installing window 11 the problem that arise is cant unmute sound and my device touch pad stop function. And previously was using window 10 on same device hp Chromebook

:)

Joshua Kaluma, May 18, 2024
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 18, 2024
  3. Jacee Win User
    Windows has started unmuting sound on bootup.

Have you tried this?:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on Hardware and sound.
    3. Click the Change system sounds link
      Uncheck startup sound

can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function  using window 10 291542d1596817887t-windows-has-started-unmuting-sound-bootup-system-sounds.jpg

Jacee, May 18, 2024
  4. can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

Touchpad not functioning following upgrade to windows 10

Following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8, the touchpad on my HP Envy dv7 laptop stopped working. If I go into the device and hardware folder in settings, there is no option for touchpad available. It is as if the touchpad does not exist.
    I am able to use an attached mouse to navigate, but would like to have a functioning touchpad. Any suggestions?

WilliamHeinbokel, May 18, 2024
Thema:

can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

1. can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10 - Similar Threads - can't unmute sound

2. can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10: After installing window 11 the problem that arise is cant unmute sound and my device touch pad stop function. And previously was using window 10 on same device hp Chromebook...
  3. suddenly my touchpad working stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly my touchpad working stop: Today i wok on my laptop but suddenly touchpad working stoped. i dont use mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-touchpad-working-stop/37ef4bfa-3250-422f-a71e-672bbed0d6e6
  4. suddenly my touchpad working stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suddenly my touchpad working stop: Today i wok on my laptop but suddenly touchpad working stoped. i dont use mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-touchpad-working-stop/37ef4bfa-3250-422f-a71e-672bbed0d6e6
  5. My touchpad suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad suddenly stopped working: My touchpad stopped working, and in the settings only appear the option to choose the cursor speed. The option to enable or disable the touchpad doesn`t show up anymore. Can anyone guide me to solve it?...
  6. My touchpad suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad suddenly stopped working: My touchpad stopped working, and in the settings only appear the option to choose the cursor speed. The option to enable or disable the touchpad doesn`t show up anymore. Can anyone guide me to solve it?...
  7. unmuting sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unmuting sound: I can't hear sounds through my external speakers. Down in the bottom right hand corner of my screen is a little icon showing a speaker with an X next to it. In the past I have unmuted the sound by clicking on the X. But now clicking on it does not unmute it. I also can't get...
  8. Touchpad suddenly not functioning

Touchpad suddenly not functioning: Hello everyone! Hopefully you're all surviving this pandemic without too much disruption. Anyway, I'll just get on with it. Please see the timeline of events below: Bought an Acer Aspire 7 A715-74G laptop brand new just under four months ago when I started my own...
  9. Touchpad suddenly stopped working.

Touchpad suddenly stopped working.: My touchpad suddenly stopped working. Acer Swift 314-56 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-suddenly-stopped-working/9ed5240e-cb0b-4ef8-8e56-5a7a855eac3c
  10. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

Touchpad suddenly not fully functional: My touchpad works, but the two finger scroll up and down is not working anymore. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-suddenly-not-fully-functional/9a010716-8e87-41a3-bd48-1dbfcffedb48