Windows 10: Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

Discus and support Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Couple days ago my laptop crashed. After restarting it, I was notified that my pin was no longer active and in order to access my admin account, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wojtek beker, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

Hi,Couple days ago my laptop crashed. After restarting it, I was notified that my pin was no longer active and in order to access my admin account, I need to reset it. When I try to reset my pin, I'm asked to enter my password, but I can't type in the field provided. When I log in to another account, I can't type in the search bar. From the research I've done so far I understand it may be caused by ctfmon.exe not being loaded. I can enable it manually on a different account, after which the search function works fine. Unfortunately, when I log out of that account and try to log into the admin

:)

wojtek beker, Nov 1, 2023
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 1, 2023
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 1, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 1, 2023
Thema:

Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

1. Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account. - Similar Threads - Can't type password

2. My Laptop does not display the password/pin field when I'm trying to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop does not display the password/pin field when I'm trying to login: The problem started very unexpectedly I don't understand why I was just playing fifa on psx2 then I left my laptop for a while when I Returned and wanted to sign in all I saw was just my profile and a sign in button but no password field this is new to me and it can't be a...
  3. Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.: Hi,Couple days ago my laptop crashed. After restarting it, I was notified that my pin was no longer active and in order to access my admin account, I need to reset it. When I try to reset my pin, I'm asked to enter my password, but I can't type in the field provided. When I...
  4. Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

in Cortana
    Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.: Hi,Couple days ago my laptop crashed. After restarting it, I was notified that my pin was no longer active and in order to access my admin account, I need to reset it. When I try to reset my pin, I'm asked to enter my password, but I can't type in the field provided. When I...
  5. Can't type in the password field when trying to reset pin for my admin account.

6. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  7. Resetting admin password/account.

Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  8. Can't type in any passwords on any password field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in any passwords on any password field: Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Windows 10 Acer Swift.I can't type in any password, both on software installed on my windows, both browsers like Edge, Chrome, etc.I can write perfectly with my keyboard on Word, notepad, etc... but it seems like passwords field are...
  9. Can't type in any passwords on any password field

Can't type in any passwords on any password field: Hi, I'm facing a problem with my Windows 10 Acer Swift.I can't type in any password, both on software installed on my windows, both browsers like Edge, Chrome, etc.I can write perfectly with my keyboard on Word, notepad, etc... but it seems like passwords field are...
  10. Can't type in any passwords on any password field

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware