Windows 10: Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on...

Discus and support Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my Hotmail account password but taking me to the Authenticator which doesn’t have e this account showing up. When I try to set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Justine Stafford, Oct 6, 2024 at 8:27 AM.

1. Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on...

I am trying to reset my Hotmail account password but taking me to the Authenticator which doesn’t have e this account showing up. When I try to set up my account on the Authenticator it asks me to go to the Authenticator to approve the code - which I can’t do as the account isn’t showing up. Feels like I am going round in circles.

:)

Justine Stafford, Oct 6, 2024 at 8:27 AM

2. Microsoft Authenticator - Setting up multiple accounts

I have 5 microsoft 365 business standard subscription with the main email address as a global administrator and the others a standard users,

I have microsoft authenticator on my phone with our main work email account. How do I setup additional microsoft accounts?

Everytime I try to setup up another account the authenticator app asks for the

The steps are select the + to add a new account>Select Work or School Email > Enter the email address and password and then the app asks for the Code displayed in the Microsoft Authenticator app, which i have not setup yet
    When I select Sign in another way,

it gives me two options >Approve a request on my Microsoft Authenticator App - Which displays a 2 digit number and a message saying open the authenticator app - Which I cant as i dont have it

OR

Use a verification code > The app asks to enter the code displayed in the authenticator app which doesnt work either
    Is there anyway I can set this up?

Please help

George

Epicurean Production, Oct 6, 2024 at 8:32 AM
  3. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Oct 6, 2024 at 8:32 AM
  4. Randy.io Win User

Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on...

Microsoft Authenticator App does not send approval request or verification code for work account

Hello,

I have a problem with the Authenticator app. I have a work email address that I am trying to add to my microsoft authenticator app on my iPhone XR so that I can access my email account on the Outlook for iOS app.

When I try to add my account to the authenticator it asks me to open the authenticator and approve the request or enter the verification code. The problem is that the authenticator app is already open and I do not receive any code or notification. I have all notifications on for the authenticator app.

When I try to access my security settings to try to fix the issue, it again requires authentication for that. And as mentioned, I am not receiving anything that is allowing me to authenticate.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Thema:

Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on...

1. Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on... - Similar Threads - Can’t set Hotmail

2. Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t set up my Hotmail account on authenticator - as keeps asking to approve code on...: I am trying to reset my Hotmail account password but taking me to the Authenticator which doesn’t have e this account showing up. When I try to set up my account on the Authenticator it asks me to go to the Authenticator to approve the code - which I can’t do as the account...
  3. My hotmail account keeps asking me to authenticate my password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My hotmail account keeps asking me to authenticate my password: My hotmail email keeps asking me to authenticate my password and I'm not receiving emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-keeps-asking-me-to-authenticate/5dd8fef0-c7f2-4bd7-9ead-fd44c1f920e0
  4. My hotmail account keeps asking me to authenticate my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account keeps asking me to authenticate my password: My hotmail email keeps asking me to authenticate my password and I'm not receiving emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-keeps-asking-me-to-authenticate/5dd8fef0-c7f2-4bd7-9ead-fd44c1f920e0
  5. My hotmail account keeps asking me to authenticate my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Authenticator - Setting up multiple accounts

Microsoft Authenticator - Setting up multiple accounts: I have 5 microsoft 365 business standard subscription with the main email address as a global administrator and the others a standard users,I have microsoft authenticator on my phone with our main work email account. How do I setup additional microsoft accounts?Everytime I...
  7. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account: I removed my Hotmail account from Authenticator because I was having issues. Now I've re-associated my work accounts successfully using QR code from my company, etc but I can't re-associate my Hotmail. When I try to add it manually, it asks me to log in using Authenticator to...
  8. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account: I removed my Hotmail account from Authenticator because I was having issues. Now I've re-associated my work accounts successfully using QR code from my company, etc but I can't re-associate my Hotmail. When I try to add it manually, it asks me to log in using Authenticator to...
  9. cant sign in. keeps asking to set up my pin code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant sign in. keeps asking to set up my pin code.: stuck on sign in screen windows 10. asking me to set up my pin again. i select it. it says something happened and my pin isnt available . . i am stuck with an option to restart is about it. been like this several days.I tried to pull up safe mode without success. I am signing...
  10. cant sign in. keeps asking to set up my pin code.

cant sign in. keeps asking to set up my pin code.: stuck on sign in screen windows 10. asking me to set up my pin again. i select it. it says something happened and my pin isnt available . . i am stuck with an option to restart is about it. been like this several days.I tried to pull up safe mode without success. I am signing...