Windows 10: can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

Discus and support can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.After a blackout that shut down the modem, my Dell Inspiron 15 from 2021 just cannot connect to the internet. It connects to the modem, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FabioFranc, Nov 4, 2023.

1. can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

Hello.After a blackout that shut down the modem, my Dell Inspiron 15 from 2021 just cannot connect to the internet. It connects to the modem, but it does not connect to the internet. The troubleshoot says that the DHCP server cannot be reached.I have tried resetting the wifi card, uninstalling it, restarting the whole network adapters of windows and the commands here, nothing worked.The laptop can can connect to the internet via a phone hotspot and the phone itself can connect to the internet via the modem's wifi. I tried to restart the DHCP client, but I get error 5, access denied, even thoug

:)

FabioFranc, Nov 4, 2023

2. How to configure radius for DHCP Server in windows server 2012?

I am trying to configure radius with dhcp.Already installed a dhcp server in windows server 2012. Does dhcp is required to be authorized .For now,it is not authorized.Also,installed NPS role in another server 2012. How to configure radius for dhcp?

Please guide with the detailed steps.

DollyKriti, Nov 4, 2023
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?! 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?! 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 4, 2023
  4. can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

Blackout while installing windows ?

Just clean install my computer yesterday and right in the Finishing Up step after Installing features and updates step done, there is blackout and my computer turn off right in the Finishing up step and back on after 2 minutes and windows continue the installation as usual without problem, until windows successfully installed on my computer. I've been using my computer for couple of hours and nothing problem, everything just fine. But i am worried about the blackout during the installation can cause damage which will happen later because maybe some file not yet installed because blackout.

mikelferdinan, Nov 4, 2023
Thema:

can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

1. can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?! - Similar Threads - can't reach DHCP

2. “Cant reach the DHCp server”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Cant reach the DHCp server”: I have this problem on both my laptop and my PC. I cant connect to my vodafone wifi. This happned when on holiday using vodafone wifi at the air b n b i was staying at. And when i arrived home i cant connect to my personal vodafone wifi. It says, “No internet,secured.” Please...
  3. “Cant reach the DHCp server”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Cant reach the DHCp server”: I have this problem on both my laptop and my PC. I cant connect to my vodafone wifi. This happned when on holiday using vodafone wifi at the air b n b i was staying at. And when i arrived home i cant connect to my personal vodafone wifi. It says, “No internet,secured.” Please...
  4. Cant reach DCHP server after blackout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reach DCHP server after blackout: HelloThere is already a query posted on this but I could not find any satisfactory answers including a few others.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reach-dhcp-server-after-a-bulding-blackout/c44a1760-1e30-41b8-b734-b5b03846de10 My PC model is HP...
  5. Cant reach DCHP server after blackout

Cant reach DCHP server after blackout: HelloThere is already a query posted on this but I could not find any satisfactory answers including a few others.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reach-dhcp-server-after-a-bulding-blackout/c44a1760-1e30-41b8-b734-b5b03846de10 My PC model is HP...
  6. Can't Reach DHCP Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Reach DHCP Server: I am at a loss. I usually run a hardwired connection from my router to my computer, and this morning it just stopped connecting to the internet. When I try to connect I get "Can't Reach DHCP Server". I tried unplugging the router. I tried restarting the router. I bought a new...
  7. Can't Reach DHCP Server

Can't Reach DHCP Server: I am at a loss. I usually run a hardwired connection from my router to my computer, and this morning it just stopped connecting to the internet. When I try to connect I get "Can't Reach DHCP Server". I tried unplugging the router. I tried restarting the router. I bought a new...
  8. can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!

can't reach DHCP server after a bulding blackout?!: Hello.After a blackout that shut down the modem, my Dell Inspiron 15 from 2021 just cannot connect to the internet. It connects to the modem, but it does not connect to the internet. The troubleshoot says that the DHCP server cannot be reached.I have tried resetting the wifi...
  9. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a
  10. Cannot reach the DHCP server.

Cannot reach the DHCP server.: I have tried restarting the network adaptor, modem and PC. Other devices connects to my wifi except my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reach-the-dhcp-server/fc7113ae-1299-4266-bef6-c15546f1032a