Windows 10: Can’t open the taskbar

Discus and support Can’t open the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Calli Bebe, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Can’t open the taskbar

I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately!

:)

Calli Bebe, Apr 18, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Can’t open the taskbar

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Can’t open the taskbar

1. Can’t open the taskbar - Similar Threads - Can’t open taskbar

2. Can’t open the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open the taskbar: I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-taskbar/fc8e07d8-ddba-4aa5-a516-cc15deba5b53
  3. Can’t open the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open the taskbar: I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-taskbar/fc8e07d8-ddba-4aa5-a516-cc15deba5b53
  4. Can’t open internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open internet: I erased 8 year old hp lap top. Brought it back to original settings. Have wi fi but won’t load internet. I’ve ran all updates that I could find. I am not computer literate. Please help...
  5. Can’t open programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open programs.: The pc boots slowly. Then it can’t open any of the programs. There is plenty of memory and I have removed add-ons. Any advice for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-programs/b51964a3-61c7-4bdf-918a-3a27e6cdf03d
  6. Can’t open anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open anything.: When I start my computer and get to the desktop menu, I can’t open any apps, I can’t open the search bar in Windows and I can’t do any commands. When I try to do anything my computer completely freezes / lags. Could this be because of broken hardware or some kind of virus?...
  7. Can’t open anything.

Can’t open anything.: When I start my computer and get to the desktop menu, I can’t open any apps, I can’t open the search bar in Windows and I can’t do any commands. When I try to do anything my computer completely freezes / lags. Could this be because of broken hardware or some kind of virus?...
  8. Stuck on desktop, no icons, no taskbar, can’t open anything, can’t reset

Stuck on desktop, no icons, no taskbar, can’t open anything, can’t reset: Hi, Something very strange happened to a new computer yesterday. I logged on, booted up a game, and it froze. I shut it down and haven’t been able to get it running since. System repair failed, cannot restore, cannot reset, cannot refresh. Boot up is very slow compared to...
  9. Taskbar can’t right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar can’t right click: I cant right click on my taskbar open speakers wifi or notifacation center how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-cant-right-click/831d39e3-4554-469b-9561-b7fa01a823b9
  10. This App Can’t Open

This App Can’t Open: [IMG]this keeps happening when i try to open up rust any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-open/accfafc2-a9c0-4b71-9808-105ffffc11bf