Windows 10: Can’t open programs.

Discus and support Can’t open programs. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The pc boots slowly. Then it can’t open any of the programs. There is plenty of memory and I have removed add-ons. Any advice for that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeeDavis4, Feb 3, 2022.

1. LeeDavis4 Win User

Can’t open programs.

The pc boots slowly. Then it can’t open any of the programs. There is plenty of memory and I have removed add-ons. Any advice for that?

:)

LeeDavis4, Feb 3, 2022
  2. KeithM Win User

Please give steps to open the paths to Program Files

If you want to open File Explorer to your C: drive without any registry tweaks, you'll need to do so from a shortcut you create.

1. Open File Explorer to This PC.
    2. Right-click Winndows (CCan’t open programs. :) and select Create Shortcut:

Can’t open programs. [​IMG]
    3. Clock OK in the altert dialog:

4. And you'll have a shortcut on your Desktop:

KeithM, Feb 3, 2022
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 3, 2022
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Can’t open programs.

1. Can’t open programs. - Similar Threads - Can’t open programs

2. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  3. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  4. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can’t run program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t run program: Windows 10 pro won’t let me run a program and says it contains a virus or potentially unwanted software “. I know for a fact that it’s safe. I got defender turned off. And still can’t run it! Any ideas?...
  6. Can’t run program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t run program: Windows 10 pro won’t let me run a program and says it contains a virus or potentially unwanted software “. I know for a fact that it’s safe. I got defender turned off. And still can’t run it! Any ideas?...
  7. Windows 10 can’t open many programs

Windows 10 can’t open many programs: System boots up, get the normal screen, but click on any Start button nothing happens, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-open-many-programs/8dccdf43-c7e0-46be-850e-30a6bb0c1ac1
  8. Can’t install programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t install programs: I just purchased a new laptop. I believe it has microsoft windows 10 home on it. It is horrible. It wont let me install programs i need. It says that “the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. Thing is, my account is the only account on the...
  9. I can’t open more than one program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t open more than one program: This issue showed up after Windows 10 update, I can’t have more than one program. I should maximize the program to get it work but minimize the other. I also have problem with the mouse because double click is not working, I can open the programs with right click only....
  10. Can’t open programs on windows 10

Can’t open programs on windows 10: I recently built a custom computer a few days ago and had everything up and running. As of yesterday 7/9/18 I cannot open obs, Twitch, or Google chrome. When i try to open any of these it appears in my task bar but it doesnt allow me to use the program. Any help is...