Windows 10: Can’t open internet

Discus and support Can’t open internet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I erased 8 year old hp lap top. Brought it back to original settings. Have wi fi but won’t load internet. I’ve ran all updates that I could find. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelLevin1111, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Can’t open internet

I erased 8 year old hp lap top. Brought it back to original settings. Have wi fi but won’t load internet. I’ve ran all updates that I could find. I am not computer literate. Please help

:)

MichaelLevin1111, Dec 10, 2023

2. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 10, 2023
  3. Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Dec 10, 2023
  4. Can’t open internet

Windows won’t let my internet through.

Hi Tylor,

For us to pin down this issue on your computer, particularly with Internet Explorer, may we know if you've already tried resetting Internet Explorer? If you haven't tried that yet, then you can follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Go to Tools, then click Internet Options.
    • Click Connections, then go to LAN settings, and uncheck the option “Automatically detect settings” and click
      Apply & OK.
    • After that, re-open Internet Explorer.

You may also temporarily turn off the Firewall and antivirus settings.

Let us know the outcome after performing the suggested steps.

Marque Lor, Dec 10, 2023
Thema:

Can’t open internet

1. Can’t open internet - Similar Threads - Can’t open internet

2. Can’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to internet: WiFi won’t connect today. Troubleshoot says may be adapter…… doesn’t show any available networks. Windows 10. Network on taskbar shows airplane mode off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/23cc02ce-4573-49f1-8132-1aacbdfcb706
  3. Can’t update Windows or open internet setting tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t update Windows or open internet setting tab: I can’t update windows, it gives me an error message I’ve tried running scans and all of that but nothing seems to be working. Also I can’t open my internet tab in the settings when I do it just immediately crashes. Some things it says I have internet and some say I dont...
  4. Can’t use the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t use the internet: while I couldn’t open Adobe, I just restarted it, but all of sudden, the internet is not working… I can use the WIFI through my cell phone and other laptops are also connected to the WIFI but only my laptop couldn’t.I use the cable instead of wireless WIFI, but the error page...
  5. Can’t open internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open internet: I erased 8 year old hp lap top. Brought it back to original settings. Have wi fi but won’t load internet. I’ve ran all updates that I could find. I am not computer literate. Please help...
  6. Can’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to the internet: I have just recently bought a gaming pc it’s only a cheap one but it won’t let me connect to the wifi I have a Foxconn 2ada motherboard installed and I’ve tried everything within the settings I’ve done all the methods on YouTube but I just can’t seem to fix it I’m hoping...
  7. Can’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to the internet: I have just recently bought a gaming pc it’s only a cheap one but it won’t let me connect to the wifi I have a Foxconn 2ada motherboard installed and I’ve tried everything within the settings I’ve done all the methods on YouTube but I just can’t seem to fix it I’m hoping...
  8. Can’t connect to the internet

9. Can’t connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t connect to internet: My compute cannot connect to the internet, all that appears in the selection is airplane mode, and troubleshooting doesn’t help.This has happened on and off for a year with my HP all in one desktop, it has windows 10. Usually restarting it about three or so times fixes it or...
  10. Can’t connect to the internet

Can’t connect to the internet: Hi, I have Windows 10 and I am not able to connect to a certain WiFi. I have no trouble connecting to another WiFi but for this one it keeps saying that the security key is incorrect. However, I know I am not putting it in incorrectly as I have checked multiple times and...