Windows 10: Can't Open Download Folder Followup

Discus and support Can't Open Download Folder Followup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had the issue where I can't open the download folder, and I found the following reference among past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daven_10260, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Can't Open Download Folder Followup

So I had the issue where I can't open the download folder, and I found the following reference among past questions:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-folders-and-sfcscannow-didnt-find/407b9db4-25f3-4c2e-934e-901720101738SFC didn't find anything on my computer, but when I used windows-E to open file explorer I could get to downloads. That's great.However, I still can't open the downloads folder through usual channels, and there's no information in the above response to indicate how to address that. I'm happy I can access downloads for now but I worry if there is

:)

Daven_10260, Feb 23, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 23, 2022
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 23, 2022
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Can't Open Download Folder Followup

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

Can't Open Download Folder Followup

1. Can't Open Download Folder Followup - Similar Threads - Can't Open Download

2. Downloads folder won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder won't open: When I click the Downloads tab on Windows Explorer, it says "Working on it" and then the folder freezes. I have tried restarting, I have tried clearing its Quick Access feature, I have tried restoring to default location. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help!...
  3. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  4. Downloads Folder not opening

Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  5. Followup to Question about folder icons turning white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followup to Question about folder icons turning white: The following instructions were offered:You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db files that start with iconcache.Reset the iconFind the...
  6. Followup to Question about folder icons turning white

Followup to Question about folder icons turning white: The following instructions were offered:You can take the following approachs:Clear icon cachePress windows+R and type in the following address:%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerDelete all the .db files that start with iconcache.Reset the iconFind the...
  7. Can't Open Download Folder Followup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Download Folder Followup: So I had the issue where I can't open the download folder, and I found the following reference among past questions:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-folders-and-sfcscannow-didnt-find/407b9db4-25f3-4c2e-934e-901720101738SFC didn't find anything...
  8. Can't Open Download Folder Followup

Can't Open Download Folder Followup: So I had the issue where I can't open the download folder, and I found the following reference among past questions:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-folders-and-sfcscannow-didnt-find/407b9db4-25f3-4c2e-934e-901720101738SFC didn't find anything...
  9. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer can't open Downloads folder: New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?...
  10. Feedback Support Followup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Feedback Support Followup?: Outstanding Microsoft Case Numbers STILL unresolved: I have started several cases with Microsoft regarding security and stability of the Windows 10 operating system for over two years now, and they still have not been resolved, and I have received several insulting emails...