Windows 10: Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop. I have 1 local admin account that works, and i have connected the computer to my company's Azure AD, InTune and MDM, so... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaDigger, Jul 21, 2022.

1. DaDigger Win User

Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC

I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop. I have 1 local admin account that works, and i have connected the computer to my company's Azure AD, InTune and MDM, so i can login with my company credentials.Using the Local Admin account, I added another local admin account.However, when i try to login with the new local admin account, I keep getting "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I have tried this many times, i am sure the password is correct. I have tried shutdown and reboot. Always the same message is displayed. I have tried the "Reset Password" option, entered in the 3 security

:)

DaDigger, Jul 21, 2022

2. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 21, 2022
  3. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 21, 2022
  4. Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 21, 2022
Thema:

Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC

1. Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Can't login Local

2. Can't Login to the only profile Local Admin Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login to the only profile Local Admin Account on Windows 10: So, I switched from my windows managed account to a local admin account sometime ago. I've had the PC for years at this point. My pin is how I navigate in/out. When I converseted,a password wasn't asked for. And it's not the password to my Windows account for the Local Admin...
  3. Can't Login to the only profile Local Admin Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Login to the only profile Local Admin Account on Windows 10: So, I switched from my windows managed account to a local admin account sometime ago. I've had the PC for years at this point. My pin is how I navigate in/out. When I converseted,a password wasn't asked for. And it's not the password to my Windows account for the Local Admin...
  4. Can't Login to the only profile Local Admin Account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  6. Can't login as my local admin account

Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  7. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC

Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop. I have 1 local admin account that works, and i have connected the computer to my company's Azure AD, InTune and MDM, so i can login with my company credentials.Using the Local Admin account, I added another local admin account.However, when i...
  9. Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to new Local Admin account on Windows 10 PC: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop. I have 1 local admin account that works, and i have connected the computer to my company's Azure AD, InTune and MDM, so i can login with my company credentials.Using the Local Admin account, I added another local admin account.However, when i...
  10. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....