Windows 10: Can't log in to PC due to old account

Discus and support Can't log in to PC due to old account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So my girlfriend's PC is registered to her old email and she recently switched her account on it. She came back to the computer today and found she was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LucasBoison, May 28, 2024.

1. Can't log in to PC due to old account

So my girlfriend's PC is registered to her old email and she recently switched her account on it. She came back to the computer today and found she was logged out. Upon clicking sign in under her user, it tells her to reset her pin and when you try to reset the pin it restarts the computer. Is there a way to either get past this or reset the computer as a whole? When trying to reset the PC from the start up menu she is prompted with a log in to her old email which she forgot the password to, is there some command that can completely hard reset the PC? Anything helps, thanks!

:)

LucasBoison, May 28, 2024

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, May 28, 2024
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 28, 2024
  4. Geethu B Win User

Can't log in to PC due to old account

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

How to sign in to a Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Redirecting

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 28, 2024
Thema:

Can't log in to PC due to old account

1. Can't log in to PC due to old account - Similar Threads - Can't log due

2. Can't log in to PC due to old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in to PC due to old account: So my girlfriend's PC is registered to her old email and she recently switched her account on it. She came back to the computer today and found she was logged out. Upon clicking sign in under her user, it tells her to reset her pin and when you try to reset the pin it...
  3. Can't log in to PC due to old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in to PC due to old account: So my girlfriend's PC is registered to her old email and she recently switched her account on it. She came back to the computer today and found she was logged out. Upon clicking sign in under her user, it tells her to reset her pin and when you try to reset the pin it...
  4. Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.: Hello. Today I just upgraded my computer from a trashy old prebuilt to a new and improved build. I have windows on the drive from the prebuilt and did not buy a new set of windows, so my hope was to simply use my pre-existing OS on the new computer. well, unfortunately for...
  5. Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.

Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.: Hello. Today I just upgraded my computer from a trashy old prebuilt to a new and improved build. I have windows on the drive from the prebuilt and did not buy a new set of windows, so my hope was to simply use my pre-existing OS on the new computer. well, unfortunately for...
  6. Can't log into Microsoft account on old drive at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't log in my pc account

Can't log in my pc account: Hi. So I did a reset for pc, and after that I get this message when I turn the pc on "profsvc service failed the sign in". The fact that this is windows reset and it gives me this error is very frustrating. I have already tried safe mode but the pc doesn't load up, it just...
  8. Cannot log into outlook due to old account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot log into outlook due to old account: When I purchased this pc, we linked the windows 10 license to his account. A year later, I took a job that required me to use Outlook for the first time and I think... linked to their windows licenses but for sure their outlook. I am no longer with that job. I am trying to...
  9. Can't log into old Windows 10 PC. Due to alias?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into old Windows 10 PC. Due to alias?: I tried searching around but didn't find a solution. I have a laptop I stopped using about a year ago. I've only ever logged in with one account. I turned it on this week to access some documents that were saved but i can no longer log in. I've verified with my password...
  10. Can't log into my PC account!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log into my PC account!: I updated my edition of Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) to the Windows 10 Technical Preview. After using it for a few days, I was unable to log into my regular account (Which had all of my windows 7 files) because it wouldn't show up in the log in list. It told me to instead log...