Windows 10: Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile...

Discus and support Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried reparing and resetting both game bar and the xbox app. This issue just started and I have been using game bar for years.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ved Sonar, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Ved Sonar Win User

Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile...

I tried reparing and resetting both game bar and the xbox app. This issue just started and I have been using game bar for years.

:)

Ved Sonar, Jan 18, 2024

2. Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Joining Party

Xbox Game Bar has recently started crashing parties when I join them. If I join myself or if I am invited, it will automatically kick me from party and also boot every other party member out of the party as well. I have rolled back a recent Windows update
    and reinstalled all of my drivers. I have tried terminating, repairing, and reinstalling Xbox Game Bar, and nothing seems to work. Any idea how to fix?

AlexHorner2, Jan 18, 2024
  3. aaaltz Win User
    Xbox game bar crashing upon joining a party, and not allowing me to connect in a party I made

alot of people have been seeming to be either connecting on xbox upon joining an xbox party or if they are on pc, as soon as they join the party, game bar crashes.

aaaltz, Jan 18, 2024
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile...

Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

Hello✨ResidentTrap✨,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with receiving Xbox party notifications on the Game Bar app. Just a reminder, here on community we are not able to double check accounts and devices to check for the possible issue. What we can do here is provide/guide customers with possible troubleshooting steps for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-Is everything completely working before?
    -May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    -Are you getting any error message?

-What version of Windows are you running on your end?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

•Check your notification settings
    Make sure that notifications for the Game Bar app are turned on. To do this, go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Game Bar and make sure that the toggle switch is turned on.

•Check your Xbox Live privacy settings
    Make sure that your Xbox Live privacy settings allow for party notifications. To do this, go to account.xbox.com > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer and make sure that "Party invitations" is set to "Allow".

•Reinstall the Game Bar app
    Uninstall the Game Bar app and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

•Check for updates
    Make sure that your Game Bar app and Windows 11 are up to date. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

If the issue still persists, let us try these troubleshooting steps:

Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings

1. Press Win + I key and launch Windows Settings
    2. Click the Gaming tab in the left pane and select Xbox Game Bar
    3. Toggle the button next to Open Xbox Game Bar to “On
    4. Reboot the system to apply changes and then launch Xbox Game Bar

Repair or Reset Xbox Game Bar
    1. Press Win + I key to launch Windows Settings
    2. Click Apps > Apps & features
    3. Search for “Xbox Game Bar” in the search box and hit Enter
    4. Next, click the three-dot > Advanced options
    5. Select Repair. If this does not do anything, select Reset

Use Registry Editor

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
      2. Type regedit and then press Enter
      3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
      4. Look for the AppCatureEnabled key. If you cannot find it, right-click on the space > New > DROWD (32 bit) Value. Name it as AppCaptureEnabled > double-click and set value data to 1.
      5. Try to use Xbox Game Bar and see if issue is resolved

Repair the ieframe.dll file

1. In the search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator
      2. Type in the following commands. Ensure that you press Enter after entering each command:
        • sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
        • sfc /verifyfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
        • assoc
        • sfc /scannow
      3. Restart your PC and see if Xbox Game Bar is working
    Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator

Yanyannnn, Jan 18, 2024
Thema:

1. Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile... - Similar Threads - Can't join others

2. Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join others parties on xbox game bar. Receive an error message of "Your xbox profile...: I tried reparing and resetting both game bar and the xbox app. This issue just started and I have been using game bar for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-others-parties-on-xbox-game-bar-receive/d6cdcfef-2893-480f-ad89-becf9625e256
  3. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app, but it's still not working. Do you have any ideas?...
  4. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app, but it's still not working. Do you have any ideas?...
  5. Xbox party crashes xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party crashes xbox game bar: Whenever I attempt to join or create a party I hear the noise indication someone has joined the party then the spot where it has party details says thisMoments later my mouse cursor gets the spinny wheel of doom and the app crashes. Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Xbox party crashes xbox game bar

Xbox party crashes xbox game bar: Whenever I attempt to join or create a party I hear the noise indication someone has joined the party then the spot where it has party details says thisMoments later my mouse cursor gets the spinny wheel of doom and the app crashes. Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?...
  7. Can't join parties on xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join parties on xbox app: Recently bought a PC and when i open the xbox app everything seems fine, but then when i go to join a party it says that i need to update my app but then doesnt give me the option to update....
  8. Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Joining Party

Xbox Game Bar Crashing When Joining Party: Xbox Game Bar has recently started crashing parties when I join them. If I join myself or if I am invited, it will automatically kick me from party and also boot every other party member out of the party as well. I have rolled back a recent Windows update and reinstalled all...
  9. Can't join Xbox Parties using Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't join Xbox Parties using Xbox Game Bar: [ATTACH] Hi there, I've recently been trying to cross-platform game with some Xbox friends using my PC. I've been trying to use the Game Bar app to join their party, however I keep getting the error "Something went wrong." I've scoured the internet for help, and nothing...
  10. Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar

Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar: Is there a way to control chat volume on Xbox party at Xbox game bar? Changing volume to "Xbox game bar" at sound mixer doesn´t do anything. Some people have an extremely loud microphone and controlling either the whole party volume or each party member individually would be...