Windows 10: Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update

Discus and support Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi community please help me, i have problems here im trying installing optional features, when i click install button the page refreshing it own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kharismaputra, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update

Hi community

please help me, i have problems here

im trying installing optional features, when i click install button the page refreshing it own and nothing happen, once i look history it says install failed

the other problem is i cant switch back windows update on service.msc here the pict.

Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update a3543087-4a74-46f2-8c14-044f7ffe06cb?upload=true.jpg

thanks.

:)

kharismaputra, Dec 15, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 15, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update

1. Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update - Similar Threads - Cant install optional

2. Windows UPDATE 10 22h2 : No Virus Check, cant enable security cant reset PC WINDOWS RE missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows UPDATE 10 22h2 : No Virus Check, cant enable security cant reset PC WINDOWS RE missing: Hi team,Since Microsoft are now releasing patches that dont work and relying on their paying customers to solve the problems and fix the solution for them...Has anybody managed to solve this ridiculous update.My WindowsRE has disappeared. so no info locationSecurity Centre...
  3. I cant Enable This Option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant Enable This Option: I can't enable this option in Windows Defender app and. Files control. Column. There is this two option present. Showing. This setting is managed by administrator. I want to turn off this option because many apps and program cannot access the specified folder. Such As Saving...
  4. I cant install this optional update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant install this optional update: I cant install this particular update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-this-optional-update/349afbd8-7f01-430f-a89b-e0f3a54c4d5f
  5. Cant install feature update because i cant delete virtualbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install feature update because i cant delete virtualbox: so i have uninstalled ldplayer which was my emulator and have also deleted the file it was located and by opening task mangager i found virtualbox in another file location and deleted it and the file it was located in but whenever i try to install the feature update it says i...
  6. Cant install language features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install language features: Hey so I am trying to get voice recognition to work but I got the following problems: I can install language packs but I cant select any features when I am straing the process of installing them. (can only tell windows to use it as standard language. Whenever I try to...
  7. Cant enable Windows update service

Cant enable Windows update service: So guys, first I am an idiot for playing around with the registry. I know that. Please dont judge me :( I hope that I use the correct english Terms, no native Speaker (thats why there are so many caps, because of Auto correct I cant turn off on my Office PC). Last year when...
  8. i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off": so, i tried enabling the .net framework service so that i can install it but when i click ok, this happens: [ATTACH] pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-enable-or-disable-features-on-turn-windows/58ff661a-cd18-49f6-bdbd-d8145d8aa33f
  9. Cant re enable windows defender.

Cant re enable windows defender.: [IMG] Originally there was the problem that my virus protection was run by my organization (dont have one) so I deleted the disableantispyware thing in regedit and now when i go to restart the antivirus there is an error. Now I cant enable both of these services and I cant...
  10. Cant update to 1903 features.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update to 1903 features.: Receive 1901 error code, unable to update one or more components. Update fails and system goes back (uninstalls) Lenovo machine. Updated drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903-features/027c4ab5-141d-4598-a13d-81108e91385f