Windows 10: Can't install any store apps/games

Discus and support Can't install any store apps/games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I changed the ownership of some WindowsApps folders on my hard drives so that I could find out what was in them before I deleted the folders, and now I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SailorJerrys, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Can't install any store apps/games

I changed the ownership of some WindowsApps folders on my hard drives so that I could find out what was in them before I deleted the folders, and now I can't seem to install any apps on the store. Not sure if that's related to my problem or if it's totally fine.

I've reset the store, cleared the cache, one or two other things to no avail. Also remade the folder and changed the ownership back to TrustedInstaller but no luck still.

Is there a way to return the registry for those folders back to default, or to force windows to recreate the registries?

I don't really want to have to refresh or reset my windows install, everythings working totally fine and in previous experiences, refreshing and resetting windows caused more problems than it fixed. Not to mention I'd have to reinstall everything and I've done that already three or four times this year, it's lost it's luster by this point...

Would appreciate any help in this manner, I'm pretty experienced with powershell and most things related to fiddling around with Windows installs, so I can handle some more advanced repairs if required, even.

Cheers folks,

PS: Not in a rush here, would like to play Forza and Sea of Thieves again eventually, but I have no plans to jump on them right now anyways.

:)

SailorJerrys, Dec 10, 2020

2. how can install app store game

Hi Kannan,

Installing any apps on Windows 10 device can be done through Windows Store. To properly assist you with your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to install a game or an app from the Windows Store app?
    • Are you using a Windows 10-based device?

To install games on Windows 10 device, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on the link below:

Where to download game from Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Dec 10, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Can't install any store apps/games

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't install any store apps/games

1. Can't install any store apps/games - Similar Threads - Can't install store

2. Windows Store can't install any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store can't install any apps: Whenever I launch Windows Store, but if i try to access an app's page to install an update to it or install a new app, i get an error message that says 'One of the update services is not running properly'Before this started happening, my apps would update automatically, but...
  3. Windows Store can't install any apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store can't install any apps: Whenever I launch Windows Store, but if i try to access an app's page to install an update to it or install a new app, i get an error message that says 'One of the update services is not running properly'Before this started happening, my apps would update automatically, but...
  4. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  5. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  6. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

7. Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games: Hello, so everytime I open the Microsoft Store, it works fine until I click on an app, then the store just stops working, I can only close the app. It won't let me do anything else, can't buy anything, can't install anything.I've tried resetting the app trough app settings,...
  8. Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games

Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games: Hello, so everytime I open the Microsoft Store, it works fine until I click on an app, then the store just stops working, I can only close the app. It won't let me do anything else, can't buy anything, can't install anything.I've tried resetting the app trough app settings,...
  9. Microsoft Store, can't install any apps nor games

10. Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store

Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store: I can't install any apps from the store. When I click install, nothing happens; the button stays blue. Nothing appears in my downloads and updates section either. I have already tried: - Restarting - Windows update troubleshooter - sfc /scannow - When I run wsreset.exe,...