Windows 10: Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.

Discus and support Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft,The problem I'm having persisted when I was looking for a solution to my computer shutting down randomly without notice. I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brayden Chisholm, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.

Hello Microsoft,The problem I'm having persisted when I was looking for a solution to my computer shutting down randomly without notice. I decided to bring it upon myself to fix the problem. After a long time of no progress I thought it might have been the 0x80070643 error. I found out it had something to do with my Windows Recovery Partition, I tried to resolve the situation by minimizing the storage. At last, whilst I was in the Command Prompt as admin, when I tried to reenable the reagentc. I was indicated that "REAGENTC.EXE: The Windows RE image was not found." After following another gu

:)

Brayden Chisholm, Feb 3, 2024
  2. Ripper3 Win User

FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, Feb 3, 2024
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows has the wrong location for the recovery partition

There are 4 partitions on the disk. After the EFI system partition the is a tiny Microsoft System Reserved (MSR) partition that will not show up in disk management. It will if you list partition in diskpart:

Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please. 278056d1589070181t-windows-has-wrong-location-recovery-partition-capture.jpg

Code:

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2024
  4. Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.

Windows has the wrong location for the recovery partition

I recently deleted the 2 OEM recovery partitions on the SSD on my laptop (now running version 1909), moved the Windows recovery partition to the end of the disk, and extended my C: drive to take up the newly vacated space. However, now the recovery partition is no longer labelled as a recovery partition in Disk Management. And when I type reagentc /info at the command prompt I get the following:
    Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configurationInformation: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 16f70634-8e2e-11e9-a0cb-8f79f51c2075 Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

It says that the recovery partition is partition 4, but I only have three partitions on the disk: the EFI system partition, C:, and the one at the end that ought to be the recovery partition, but seems no longer to be. How do I restore the recovery partition and get Windows to know its new location? I've got as far as extracting a winre.wim file from Windows install media, so I just need to know the steps after that.

ricecrispies, Feb 3, 2024
Thema:

Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.

1. Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please. - Similar Threads - Can't find location

2. Is a missing Windows RE Location and Recovery Image Location important?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is a missing Windows RE Location and Recovery Image Location important?: Hello,Recently I did a thing to get the new update Windows released but I kept getting the 0x80070643 Error. So, I tried to fix it. Clearly I'm not the wisest or sharpest tool in the shed. It didn't go so well that somehow when I was following a guide my Windows RE Location...
  3. Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.: Hello Microsoft,The problem I'm having persisted when I was looking for a solution to my computer shutting down randomly without notice. I decided to bring it upon myself to fix the problem. After a long time of no progress I thought it might have been the 0x80070643 error. I...
  4. Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find my Windows RE location or my Recovery Image Location, help me please.: Hello Microsoft,The problem I'm having persisted when I was looking for a solution to my computer shutting down randomly without notice. I decided to bring it upon myself to fix the problem. After a long time of no progress I thought it might have been the 0x80070643 error. I...
  5. Windows 10 can't find my location and any other locations after the update

Windows 10 can't find my location and any other locations after the update: After today's auto update, I realized my computer shows the wrong time. Then I found out its auto time zone setting was Mountain Time I'm in Toronto, should be Eastern TimeThe time was fine after I turn off the auto timezone and manually select it. But when I open the Map app...
  6. Windows 10 can't find my location and any other locations after the update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't find my location and any other locations after the update: After today's auto update, I realized my computer shows the wrong time. Then I found out its auto time zone setting was Mountain Time I'm in Toronto, should be Eastern TimeThe time was fine after I turn off the auto timezone and manually select it. But when I open the Map app...
  7. What is the location of my photos? I can't find their location.

What is the location of my photos? I can't find their location.: What is the location of my photos? I can't find their location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-location-of-my-photos-i-cant-find/e7731fb3-6da5-42a9-b51b-562df74994f2
  8. find my location problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    find my location problem: hello i am trying to enable find my location on my laptop to get the tubi movie to work i have enabled find my location in settings, but its still not working. any suggestions? thanks...
  9. Find my device can't locate my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find my device can't locate my laptop: I'm just testing the "Find my device" on MS webpage. My device is turned on, connected to the internet and location services have been enabled, but I'm still getting an error "We can’t locate your device at the moment. Please try again later." How can i get find my device to...
  10. Find Reset Recovery Image Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Reset Recovery Image Location in Windows 10: How to: Find Reset Recovery Image Location in Windows 10 How to Find Location of Recovery Image used to Reset Windows 10 [img] Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you can try to refresh, reset, or restore it. When you reset your PC,...