Windows 10: Can't find display brightness adaptive

Discus and support Can't find display brightness adaptive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tokioshy, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Tokioshy Win User

Can't find display brightness adaptive

Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness adaptive.

:)

Tokioshy, Jan 16, 2023

2. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

Can't find display brightness adaptive 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Jan 16, 2023
  3. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 16, 2023
  4. Can't find display brightness adaptive

Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 16, 2023
Thema:

Can't find display brightness adaptive

1. Can't find display brightness adaptive - Similar Threads - Can't find display

2. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find display brightness adaptive: Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness...
  3. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find display brightness adaptive: Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness...
  4. Can't find adaptive brightness or anything else to adjust brightness while on battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find adaptive brightness or anything else to adjust brightness while on battery: Hello. Brightness of my HP Omen with Windows 10 Educational often decrease or increase automatically while plugged in or on battery, and i can't find a way to change it. I don't have adaptive brightness anywhere, in 'edit power plan' or device manager. Any solution?...
  5. Can't Find Brightness Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Find Brightness Setting: I've tried two things that I'd read to do from a Microsoft community question. It was to go to the control panel, then device manager, then click on display adapters, left click the name of the display , then update it. I also disabled it, then enabled it. I did the same to a...
  6. Can't find the brightness setting

Can't find the brightness setting: I can't find the brightness setting, despite all the updates ...... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/5dc7d2d2-dcba-48a4-a87f-67cf856af544
  7. Can't find the brightness setting

Can't find the brightness setting: I updated all the divers in your previous rule but it didn't work. What do I do now ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/6e99ee0e-0267-4349-9add-c517ddf1d4e9
  8. Can't control brightness/Display adapters gone

Can't control brightness/Display adapters gone: I am no longer able to control the brightness on my laptop. I have uninstalled the last several updates, as I'm quite sure something in one of them did this. I wanted to update drivers, but display adapters doesn't even show in device manager. Please help....
  9. Unable to find adaptive brightness to disable it

Unable to find adaptive brightness to disable it: I got a new HP notebook with Windows 10 and intel core i5 and since then I have an annoying problem. My screen keeps automatically changing its brightness and I followed several instructions how to find the option to disable it. But! There is no option to disable it and I am...
  10. Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone

Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone: Hello, I have a Windows Surface Pro 6. The latest Windows 10 update eliminated the Advanced Power Setting option to disable adaptive display brightness. How do I turn off the feature? I don't want my screen to auto-dim/brighten. Thanks - JRR...