Windows 10: Can't find application information/shortcut/files

Discus and support Can't find application information/shortcut/files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When installing some apps, they install successfully and always without any error messages. However, they're never anywhere to be found on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by K_am, Aug 14, 2024.

1. K_am Win User

Can't find application information/shortcut/files

When installing some apps, they install successfully and always without any error messages. However, they're never anywhere to be found on my computer other than when "searching" them or if i manage to pin it to my taskbar. This is very much a problem because id like to have shortcuts and be able to access their files. I cannot do ANYTHING other than open the app and go into the settings to repair it, which i have already tried. I have also tried looking into the hidden files. This time because there are other times, the app I'm having trouble with is IbisPaintX. I would really appreciate a

:)

2. Create Minecraft Shortcut application

I threw this application together quick because making Minecraft use more RAM is a PITA. Download, extract it, run it, and it will ask for everything it needs (generally, that would be the path to Minecraft and where you want the shortcut saved).

It auto-detects Java 32-bit and 64-bit and the amount of RAM installed and suggests Xmx and Xms values accordingly. It supports minecraft.jar, minecraft_server.jar, Minecraft.exe, and Minecraft_Server.exe.

Note: You can use it on any file to be launched by Java by using the "All Files" filter, not just Minecraft.

Once you got the shortcut, you can safely delete CreateMinecraftShortcut.exe--it is no longer needed.

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile (Windows only).

It uses ShellLink code by Mattias Sjogren (Copyright 2002).

Spoiler: Version History 1.0.0 - Console User Interface
    2.0.0 - Graphic User Interface
    2.0.1 - Corrected a bug with an icon that caused the program to crash on start on some operating systems (noticed it on Server 2003).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2024
  3. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Hmm, I just tried it and it worked fine. Maybe try running the batch as administrator? Also, right click on the desktop after the shortcut is created and click Refresh.

If the file in the third parameter doesn't exist, it assumes the icon is in the application.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2024
  4. Can't find application information/shortcut/files

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2024
Thema:

Can't find application information/shortcut/files

1. Can't find application information/shortcut/files - Similar Threads - Can't find application

2. Can't find application information/shortcut/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find application information/shortcut/files: When installing some apps, they install successfully and always without any error messages. However, they're never anywhere to be found on my computer other than when "searching" them or if i manage to pin it to my taskbar. This is very much a problem because id like to have...
  3. Desktop shortcut for an application file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut for an application file: I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for "fastdl.app". I know that I can type that in as the URL in various browsers, but, I don't seem to be able to create a shortcut for it. When I type in "fastdl.app" without the quotes in the "Target" box, I get the error message:The...
  4. Desktop shortcut for an application file

Desktop shortcut for an application file: I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for "fastdl.app". I know that I can type that in as the URL in various browsers, but, I don't seem to be able to create a shortcut for it. When I type in "fastdl.app" without the quotes in the "Target" box, I get the error message:The...
  5. Can't find the information to reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find the information to reset my computer.: Hi,I'm resetting my computer because I forgot the 4 digit pin to get into it. Would you please provide the information I need to proceed once the download is complete?For example, will I have the chance to create a new password 4 digit pin and a backup on a removeable...
  6. Can't find the information to reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find the information to reset my computer.: Hi,I'm resetting my computer because I forgot the 4 digit pin to get into it. Would you please provide the information I need to proceed once the download is complete?For example, will I have the chance to create a new password 4 digit pin and a backup on a removeable...
  7. Can't find the information to reset my computer.

8. Can't find system information for Dxdiag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find system information for Dxdiag: I'm having the same issue that this guy has: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxdiag-system-information-problem/48a3639f-5972-40f2-9977-a9b0b8e134c3 The answer on that forum wasn't helpful and I literally could only find that one forum post addressing...
  9. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  10. Can't find installed application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find installed application: Hi, I had installed Alteryx on my system yesterday. After the installation process, the application opened up and I used it for some time. After shutting down the application, it seems to have disappeared from my system. I am not able to find it in the Start button option...