Windows 10: Can't find "AppData" under Users

Discus and support Can't find "AppData" under Users in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. For several days, I've been trying, without success, to reinstall Google Drive. One suggestion was to clear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerBlair1, Oct 24, 2024 at 9:57 AM.

1. Can't find "AppData" under Users

I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. For several days, I've been trying, without success, to reinstall Google Drive. One suggestion was to clear the app's cache in "AppData"; I went to my user folder under "Users", but I couldn't find "AppData" listed. What could be wrong especially since I had reinstalled Windows on Sunday, and how can I fix it?

:)

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 24, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  3. Looking at AppData of different users

I've been dealing with the Windows Process Manager 32 bit bug/virus on my PC so it's kinda buggy and weird. I got it fixed. Is there a step-by-step on how to get to the AppData of other users? Google, at the moment, is being buggy and I can't find a simple
    step by step on how to find this.

ClayFaircloth, Oct 24, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  4. Kreij Win User

Can't find "AppData" under Users

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Thema:

Can't find "AppData" under Users

1. Can't find "AppData" under Users - Similar Threads - Can't find AppData

2. Can't find "AppData" under Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find "AppData" under Users: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. For several days, I've been trying, without success, to reinstall Google Drive. One suggestion was to clear the app's cache in "AppData"; I went to my user folder under "Users", but I couldn't find "AppData" listed. What could be wrong...
  3. Can't find "AppData" under Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find "AppData" under Users: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. For several days, I've been trying, without success, to reinstall Google Drive. One suggestion was to clear the app's cache in "AppData"; I went to my user folder under "Users", but I couldn't find "AppData" listed. What could be wrong...
  4. AppData folder under incorrect user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppData folder under incorrect user: I recently got a new PC. During the initial set up I signed in to my Microsoft acct when prompted. I was not aware the set up was using that information to create the initial user folder as that was not explained during the process. Not what I wanted at all. All my files are...
  5. AppData folder under incorrect user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData folder under incorrect user: I recently got a new PC. During the initial set up I signed in to my Microsoft acct when prompted. I was not aware the set up was using that information to create the initial user folder as that was not explained during the process. Not what I wanted at all. All my files are...
  6. "windows cannot find c/users/appdata/roaming"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "windows cannot find c/users/appdata/roaming": i keep getting that error message. the app that the message is referencing isn't even on my pc. how do i fix this? submitted by /u/thisisachannelnameyt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mg3x0y/windows_cannot_find_cusersappdataroaming/
  7. Can't Find Skype Folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Find Skype Folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming: Hi everyone! I am trying to restore some deleted Skype messages. To do this, I need to access the following folder: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Skype. When I search for this folder in File Explorer, the system tells me that it does not exist. Where could it be and...
  8. Can't find script file: AppData\Roaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't find script file: AppData\Roaming: [ATTACH] Please help me find solution to this. I am curious enough to try new things on my laptop and suddenly in that this problem arise. Will it affect my hard drive data?...
  9. Can't find 'Roaming' in %appdata%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find 'Roaming' in %appdata%: Hello, I have 3 profile pictures in my 'Your info' in Settings. I want to delete 2 pictures and keep 1. I asked someone and they told me to go to File Explorer and go to: C:Users/my name/App Data/Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures The thing is, when i open App...
  10. Can't find recent download that saved under user/App

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find recent download that saved under user/App: I downloaded CentOs7 VM software, but cannot find it anywhere on my computer. It defaulted to a folder that is deeply buried within another folder, that I cannot seem to find even with keywords. It's not in my downloads. I recall it saying something about App Data, but when I...