Windows 10: Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

Discus and support Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stanislav Škoda, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus, reinstaling Windows, checked system temperatures and everything I could think of and saw to do online. I even tried to analyze the minidump but every time a different process is at fault.

:)

Stanislav Škoda, Feb 2, 2024

2. How to figure out what is causing Windows 11 BugChecks

In the last few days my Windows 11 system has started to crash on a regular basis, and with various different BugCheck codes displayed on the BSOD, including:

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    I have exported the BugCheck entries from the System event log, and have copied and zipped a couple of MEMORY.DMP files, but I have no idea how to figure out what is causing the crashes.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks

Steve Ives, Feb 2, 2024
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Tebi Sa Win User

Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your computer. Random crashes and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors can be frustrating to troubleshoot, but analyzing minidump files can provide valuable information about the underlying causes.

Unfortunately, as a text-based AI model, I'm unable to directly access or analyze files or attachments. However, I can provide you with some general guidance on how to analyze minidump files yourself or suggest alternative troubleshooting steps.

1. Analyzing minidump files:
      • To analyze minidump files, you'll need a debugger tool like WinDbg, which is part of the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). Install the SDK and WinDbg on your computer.
      • Open WinDbg and go to "File" > "Open Crash Dump." Browse and select the minidump file you want to analyze.
      • WinDbg will load the minidump and display information about the crash. Look for the error message or the faulting module that caused the crash. This information can help identify the potential cause of the problem.
      • If you're unfamiliar with WinDbg or analyzing minidump files, you can search for specific error messages or faulting modules online or seek help from forums and communities dedicated to Windows troubleshooting.
    2. Alternative troubleshooting steps:
      • Since you suspect faulty RAM, testing it with new RAM modules is a good step. Faulty RAM can cause various stability issues, including crashes and BSOD errors. Consider ordering new RAM and replacing the existing modules to see if it resolves the problem.
      • Ensure that all your drivers, including motherboard chipset drivers, graphics card drivers, and other hardware drivers, are up to date. Outdated or incompatible drivers can lead to system instability.
      • Monitor your computer's temperature using software like HWMonitor or Core Temp. Overheating components can cause crashes. Make sure your computer's cooling system is working properly and clean any dust buildup on the CPU cooler and other components.
      • Check for any recently installed software or drivers that may be causing conflicts. Uninstalling or rolling back recent changes can help isolate the problem.
      • If the issues persist, you may want to consider seeking assistance from a professional computer technician or contacting the customer support of your computer's manufacturer.
    Remember to always back up your important data before making any major changes to your system or replacing hardware components.

I hope these suggestions help you in troubleshooting and resolving the issues you're experiencing with your computer.

Tebi Sa, Feb 2, 2024
Thema:

Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

1. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes - Similar Threads - Can't figure causes

2. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  3. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  4. Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error

Can't figure out what's causing BSOD error: Hello, recently I've been having lots of issues regarding Bluescreens. For the most part, I am getting the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the reason of "ntoskrnl.exe". I believe it is caused by a bad driver, although I don't know for sure. Here is the dump file:...
  5. BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD on boot- can't figure out cause: Hi I often get errors on a cold startup such as: Critical process diedSystem service exceptionPage fault in non paged area Memory mngmnt etc. Then after I reboot, generally the error goes away and sometimes I have to use the disk checker to clear up any ssd corruption before...
  6. Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes: PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus, checked system temperatures and everything I could think of and saw to do online. I...
  7. Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes

Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes: PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus, checked system temperatures and everything I could think of and saw to do online. I...
  8. Can't figure out what causes svchost.exe bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD - need to figure out what causing this

BSOD - need to figure out what causing this: Hi there As the user has access to the HP Software Updates, user kicked off the 2 updates in relation to BIOS and NIC firmware upgrade yesterday and come back home and when he started he got the BSOD. User managed to get into Safe mode and now reboot as normal. Checked...
  10. Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD

Can't figure out what's causing this BSOD: Can someone help me figure out what's causing this BSOD? It's Win 10 Pro (1909). I've made sure the drivers and BIOS are up to date already and ran sfc /scannow that did repair some errors. ************* Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location...