Windows 10: Can't delete an empty .exe file

Discus and support Can't delete an empty .exe file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoshGentile, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Can't delete an empty .exe file

So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a file association in Windows 10,Please take this step by Step and the problem will be resolvedOpen Windows File ExplorerOn the view Ribbon tab tick the box marked 'File Name Extensions'Close File ExplorerRight click your Desktop and choose New - Text FileChange the file extension on that new file from .txt to .exeConfirm the changeRight click a .package file, choose open with - Choose another AppCheck the box marked 'Always use this app to open .

:)

JoshGentile, Feb 5, 2024

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Feb 5, 2024
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 5, 2024
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Can't delete an empty .exe file

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 5, 2024
Thema:

Can't delete an empty .exe file

1. Can't delete an empty .exe file - Similar Threads - Can't delete empty

2. Is it safe to delete empty files on C:Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete empty files on C:Drive?: I was deleting temp files and unused apps when I came across a dozen or so empty files called wal499A6B84, wal64BE7EC4, and such. I don't know what these files are or how they were created, but they date back between June 3rd and June 19th. Are these files safe to delete?...
  3. Can't delete an empty .exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete an empty .exe file: So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a file association in Windows 10,Please take this step by Step and the problem will be resolvedOpen Windows File ExplorerOn the...
  4. Can't delete an empty .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete an empty .exe file: So, I followed this advice from DaveM121 and now I can't delete the .exe file as it says it is open in the file explorer. it is not easy to remove a file association in Windows 10,Please take this step by Step and the problem will be resolvedOpen Windows File ExplorerOn the...
  5. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  6. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  7. how to delete exe files?

how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  8. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  9. how to delete exe files?

10. .exe file deletion

.exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...