Windows 10: Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to generate a custom CSR using the certificates snap-in for mmc on Windows 10. The certificate I want to create is a client authentication... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hank Cohen, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

I am trying to generate a custom CSR using the certificates snap-in for mmc on Windows 10. The certificate I want to create is a client authentication cert using ECC. However, I have run into a persistent issue that is preventing me from generating the CSR. No matter the content of the request if I use No template CNG key I get the error "One of more of the object's properties are missing or invalid", and the private key generation dialog is completely insensitive. So no CSR is generated.On the other hand, if I choose No template Legacy Key. Then no problem but the Legacy providers don't d

:)

Hank Cohen, Aug 6, 2023
  2. commonone Win User

MMC - Could not create the Snap-in

Having Windows 10 Version 1703 64-based on a HP Laptop.

Tried to install gpedit.msc, but continuously have error message

'MMC could not create the snap-in'

with 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}'

Have tried trolling Google with all suggestions

1) sfc /scannow - with no issues found

2) MMC could not create the snap-in - Google Suche

3) https://blog.multiplay.co.uk/2013/1...reate-snap-in-for-group-policy-object-editor/

4) http://computerstepbystep.com/group_policy_windows_xp.html

5) How To Fix MMC Could Not Create The Snap-in

Where one suggests to delete the 'CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}' in the registry to create a new clsid on reboot/restart, I cannot delete it as it returns as an error.

Have installed the gpedit.msc on my Tablet with no issues with same gpedit download.

Any clues

commonone, Aug 6, 2023
  3. MMC could not create the snap-in.

Sir, my windows defender has stopped because of some antivirus installed automatically. I have uninstalled it. And my windows defender has not startrd again. Its showing it is disabled by the group policy for which i have to do many steps. And on running
    gpedit.msc it shows " mmc could not create the snap-in". Only this.. Not any error name.

Please help me with this.

[Moved from Windows 10]

divyaagarwal_07, Aug 6, 2023
  4. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 6, 2023
Thema:

Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

1. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't create custom

2. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10: I am trying to generate a custom CSR using the certificates snap-in for mmc on Windows 10. The certificate I want to create is a client authentication cert using ECC. However, I have run into a persistent issue that is preventing me from generating the CSR. No matter the...
  3. Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create a custom CSR using mmc and certificates snap-in on Windows 10: I am trying to generate a custom CSR using the certificates snap-in for mmc on Windows 10. The certificate I want to create is a client authentication cert using ECC. However, I have run into a persistent issue that is preventing me from generating the CSR. No matter the...
  4. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...: I'm trying to generate a custom CSR but if I choose no template CNG key. I will get the error "One or more of the object's poroperties are missing or invalid".The request has the following parameters edited for PII protectionCN=<my initials>, C=<My Country>, O=<My company>,...
  5. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...: I'm trying to generate a custom CSR but if I choose no template CNG key. I will get the error "One or more of the object's poroperties are missing or invalid".The request has the following parameters edited for PII protectionCN=<my initials>, C=<My Country>, O=<My company>,...
  6. Trying to generate a custom CSR using certificates snap-in. Only legacy crypto providers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. MMC could not create the snap-in on Windows 11/10 [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    MMC could not create the snap-in on Windows 11/10 [Fix]: [IMG]Snap-ins are the components that make up consoles and are managed by MMC (Microsoft Management Console). Some users are experiencing an MMC error when opening programs like Task Scheduler, Event Viewer, Device Manager, Group Policy Editor, etc. In this article, we...
  8. MMC faults and closes on adding Certificates snap-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC faults and closes on adding Certificates snap-in: I don't know when this happened, certainly didn't have this problem two years ago. Now whenever I launch mmc.exe to add the Certificates snap-in, regardless of which account store, mmc will shortly close down itself. An application error gets registered in Application event...
  9. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MMC could not create the snap-in: Event viewer desapir in my laptop, i check the turnthe Microsoft.net Framwork,then in the registry i did the HKEY_LOCAL_MECHINE\Software\MICROSOFT\MMC\Snapinsvinside snapins search for the error number specified in CLSID,diddn't work,then Idid sfc /scannow, then scan with...
  10. MMC could not create the snap-in

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC could not create the snap-in: When I try to access Windows Firewall Advanced Settings I get an error:"MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly."I have followed instructions on various forums attempting to fix, such as:deleting the relevant registry...