Windows 10: Can't connect to wifi only from one room.

Discus and support Can't connect to wifi only from one room. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The signal is the same from all rooms and other devices work just fine from anywhere. When i try to connect my laptop tho, it only works from one room.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sergiu017, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Can't connect to wifi only from one room.

The signal is the same from all rooms and other devices work just fine from anywhere. When i try to connect my laptop tho, it only works from one room. When i try otherwise it says "can't connect to this network". Already tried to reinstall wireless adapter drivers, mess with router settings but i just can't fix it.

Also sometimes it connects to the network for a few minutes but the internet isn't working. Weird, considering that from my sister's room it works perfectly. Other laptops also work fine from any room btw.

submitted by /u/sergiu017
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sergiu017, Jun 12, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jun 12, 2020
  3. brannell Win User
    Can´t connect to my Wifi network

Hi everyone,

I can´t connect to my Wifi from my desktop with Window 10. I had an ethernet cable before and it worked perfectly but now I can´t connect my computer to the router through the cable anymore.

For some reason it detects my wifi network but when i try to connect it says i cant connect.

I followed a few tutorials online of how to fix it and still didn´t work.

any help please???

thanks in advance

Ramon

brannell, Jun 12, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Can't connect to wifi only from one room.

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to wifi only from one room.

1. Can't connect to wifi only from one room. - Similar Threads - Can't connect wifi

2. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one WIFI connection won't work.: Hello, I have 2 routers, my ISP provided one, which I can connect to perfectly fine, and my linksys "booster" one, which I cannot get to connect with internet even when I can I only get .01Mbps. I've already done the following:Reset both routers.Renew IP address....
  3. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one WIFI connection won't work.: Hello, I have 2 routers, my ISP provided one, which I can connect to perfectly fine, and my linksys "booster" one, which I cannot get to connect with internet even when I can I only get .01Mbps. I've already done the following:Reset both routers.Renew IP address....
  4. Only one WIFI connection won't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC will only connect to WiFi in one room

PC will only connect to WiFi in one room: I just purchased an HP 15-dy1074nr. For some reason, it will only connect to WiFi in one room. It also shows the WiFi as having no signal strength, yet is still able to execute internet functions such as visit websites. All other WiFi-enabled devices in my home smartphones,...
  6. Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network

Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network: I've been unable to resolve this problem. I've applied the troubleshooting I've found by searching the internet with no luck. Maybe somebody can figure out what's gone wrong. I have a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop with Windows 10. The Wifi on my laptop works and has connected...
  7. Can't connect to wifi ONLY when logged in

Can't connect to wifi ONLY when logged in: This appears to just be a problem with Windows 1903, but I don't have many other computers to test it with. I'm getting this error on a Dell Precision 3520 and 3540. The 3520 has a Qualcomm QCA61x4A wifi card, and 3540 has Intel AC 9560. When logged into Windows, if I...
  8. Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Allow connection to only one WiFi network?: Hello, Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's? 126537
  9. Allow Windows 10 Pro to connect to only one WiFi?

Allow Windows 10 Pro to connect to only one WiFi?: Title says it all. Anyone know how to do it? 41656
  10. Can't connect, only one ISP

Can't connect, only one ISP: Just worked on a customer's PC that had been upgraded to 10 Home. Have Comcast with the new Gateway. I get a can't connect when I try and connect to his home Xfinity Network. I can connect to the Xfinity Wifi and logon using Comcast User and password to access the Net....