Windows 10: Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have

Discus and support Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Firstly, I hate Microsoft. They're useless.I am trying to change settings, security and preferences and I cannot do anything without a code from an old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Microsoft are Useless, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have

Firstly, I hate Microsoft. They're useless.I am trying to change settings, security and preferences and I cannot do anything without a code from an old phone number that I no longer have access to. It is a joke. There are no alternatives, security questions or anything reasonable for me to use to gain full access.It says it takes 30 days and all the bull that comes with verification which I have done previously and nothing happened. I am still locked out from making any changes.Any ideas?

:)

Microsoft are Useless, Jun 17, 2023

2. Change phone number

Hi There,

I'm trying to change my phone number on my microsoft account, but the step I can't get past is the one where it is sending a security code to your phone number. But that doesn't help because I don't have that old phone number.

Many thanks

Oliver Lawton.

Ps call me back on <removed by Moderator>

OliverLawton#, Jun 17, 2023
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Jun 17, 2023
  4. Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Jun 17, 2023
Thema:

Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have

1. Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have - Similar Threads - Can't change anything

2. Need to change phone number to verify anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change phone number to verify anything: Need to change phone number to verify anthing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-phone-number-to-verify-anything/36c0bdd7-eba4-409f-b4f1-089e66aa4ee8
  3. Need to change phone number to verify anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change phone number to verify anything: Need to change phone number to verify anthing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-phone-number-to-verify-anything/36c0bdd7-eba4-409f-b4f1-089e66aa4ee8
  4. Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have: Firstly, I hate Microsoft. They're useless.I am trying to change settings, security and preferences and I cannot do anything without a code from an old phone number that I no longer have access to. It is a joke. There are no alternatives, security questions or anything...
  5. Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have

Can't change anything without an OLD phone number that I do not have: Firstly, I hate Microsoft. They're useless.I am trying to change settings, security and preferences and I cannot do anything without a code from an old phone number that I no longer have access to. It is a joke. There are no alternatives, security questions or anything...
  6. I am unable to Change my phone number and email and I don't have my old phone number...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to Change my phone number and email and I don't have my old phone number...: I am unable to Change my phone number and email and I don't have my old phone number working so I can not get an OTP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-change-my-phone-number-and-email/39b7ec6a-cdf8-42bc-bb7b-5a47810b9434
  7. I am unable to Change my phone number and email and I don't have my old phone number...

I am unable to Change my phone number and email and I don't have my old phone number...: I am unable to Change my phone number and email and I don't have my old phone number working so I can not get an OTP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-change-my-phone-number-and-email/39b7ec6a-cdf8-42bc-bb7b-5a47810b9434
  8. Old Login Phone Number I can't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Login Phone Number I can't change: My computer asks for a PIN number and wants me to verify via the phone text or call, but the phone number is an old one so I can't do that. I even changed my phone number and updated my account, but the computer still wants to use my old phone number. How do I correct...
  9. Old Login Phone Number I can't change

Old Login Phone Number I can't change: My computer asks for a PIN number and wants me to verify via the phone text or call, but the phone number is an old one so I can't do that. I even changed my phone number and updated my account, but the computer still wants to use my old phone number. How do I correct...
  10. Old Login Phone Number I can't change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security