Windows 10: Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key"

Discus and support Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Introduction:I installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new desktop PC. Whenever I try to use my Product Key, using Settings > Update & Security >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rastabilitovsky, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key"

Introduction:I installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new desktop PC. Whenever I try to use my Product Key, using Settings > Update & Security > Activation, I get the following error message:"We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0x803FA067"If I try Troubleshoot, it shows the error:"We weren't able to activate Windows on this device. Contact Support to Get Help".Contacting support, it seems, is very difficult, so I am going to try to

:)

rastabilitovsky, Oct 5, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Source: AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Brink, Oct 6, 2023
  3. Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

Thank you for the insight
    That's interesting. So you are suggesting after I make my next clone, I enter a generic product key in windows activation and THEN follow up with purchasing (or transferring) a digital license? Do I understand you correctly? If so, I'll try that on my next build.
    It is possible. My only experience seeing it not cleared up in an hour (besides, of course, having the wrong time on my machine or a truly faulty connection) was many years ago. When I contacted Microsoft, they were able to diagnose that my license wasn't valid but couldn't tell me why. If memory serves me correctly, I attempted to move a license from a windows ten machine that initially was an upgrade from windows seven. I discovered (on this forum) that a windows ten license that was upgraded from windows seven license was not eligible to be transferred to a new machine. And I was not able to purchase a digital license. I needed a product key.
    I couldn't find reputable dealers that are still selling retail windows 10 licenses (for example, Best Buy only lists the Spanish version of windows home on their website). But since I just learned that a windows 11 license can be used my concern has been allayed.

WorkPermit, Oct 6, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key"

Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

If you plan on "transferring" a digital license from one computer to another using the activation troubleshooter and your Microsoft Account, then yes, start with the generic product key on the new computer. Actually, on a new install, you select the option for "I don't have a product key" and then after the install use the Activation Troubleshooter. Otherwise, if you are using a unique product key, either purchased or embedded in the firmware of the computer by the factory - let Windows 10/11 activate for the first time from that product key. AFTER it is activated, change the product key to the generic. One advantage to doing this is that if the original product key was OEM, changing it to the generic retail product key will also change the digital license type to retail and make it transferrable to another computer.

NavyLCDR, Oct 6, 2023
Thema:

Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key"

1. Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key" - Similar Threads - Can't activate don't

2. I had a valid digital license but can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had a valid digital license but can't activate windows.: with error message you don't have digital license or product key 0X803fa067. any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-valid-digital-license-but-cant-activate/b77aaa4d-2e61-4ee0-b9c7-04363a1b6650
  3. I had a valid digital license but can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a valid digital license but can't activate windows.: with error message you don't have digital license or product key 0X803fa067. any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-valid-digital-license-but-cant-activate/b77aaa4d-2e61-4ee0-b9c7-04363a1b6650
  4. I had a valid digital license but can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key": Introduction:I installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new desktop PC. Whenever I try to use my Product Key, using Settings > Update & Security > Activation, I get the following error message:"We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital...
  6. Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows - "you don't have a valid digital license or product key": Introduction:I installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new desktop PC. Whenever I try to use my Product Key, using Settings > Update & Security > Activation, I get the following error message:"We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital...
  7. Activation problem - STdwellers - 'you don't have a valid digital license or product key'

Activation problem - STdwellers - 'you don't have a valid digital license or product key': I purchased a Win 10 Pro 64-bit license a couple of years ago from a company listed here on the Microsoft site as a Solution Provider:...
  8. I can't activate Windows on my device, because I don't have a valid digital license/product key

I can't activate Windows on my device, because I don't have a valid digital license/product key: Like I said, that's it. Plus, when I troubleshoot it tells me install Windows 10 Home Single Language, but I can't find it in the Microsoft Store. Also, I tried suggestions in the web to find my product key, & when I tried to change the product key, none worked. I already got...
  9. I don't have a digital license or product key for windows

I don't have a digital license or product key for windows: I am unable to activate my windows 10 pro due to not having access to a digital licence or product key, I purchased this laptop used and not refurbished, windows had to be reinstalled and I was not informed of the location or access of the digital key, there was no product...
  10. No valid digital license/Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No valid digital license/Product Key: Hi, Getting error code 0x803FA067 when using the Windows 10 Home Product Key to reactivate the product. I had to replace my motherboard. I tried Powershell command: (Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey which did not...