Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I built my own PC, so Windows was not pre-installed or anything like that, but it gives me the above error code in the Activation Troubleshooter. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Max Steen, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Max Steen Win User

Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

I built my own PC, so Windows was not pre-installed or anything like that, but it gives me the above error code in the Activation Troubleshooter. The specific text it uses is "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device. If you think it wasn't used on another device, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C008". I think it's giving me the error because I started Windows 11 on an old motherboard just to make sure all my other hardware was running correctly before I bought the new motherboard. The confusing thing is, though, that afte

:)

Max Steen, Mar 11, 2024

2. Can't activate Windows 11 (Error code 0xC004C008)

I recently bought a new laptop and a Windows 11 Home licence, I entered the activation code and got the error 0xC004C008. I never used this code before, can you please help me?

Павел Горохов, Mar 11, 2024
  3. Can't activate Windows 11 (Error code 0xC004C008)

Error code 0xC004C008 means SL_E_CHPA_MAXIMUM_UNLOCK_EXCEEDED

The activation server reported that the product key has exceeded its unlock limit.

Contact the retailer of the key.

Greetings

Tekkie Boy, Mar 11, 2024
  4. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

Error code 0xC004C008

Hi,

The error code 0xC004C008 means that the product key that you are trying to use is already activated on a different device. For us to effectively assist you, can you confirm if you have already activated the product key on another device
    before building a new computer? Or was it purchased brand new the same time that you have built the new computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this link
    Get help with Windows activation errors
    for further details regarding the error code that you are receiving.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 11, 2024
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

1. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard - Similar Threads - Can't activate Error

2. Can't activate Windows 11 on new motherboard. Error code 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 11 on new motherboard. Error code 0xC004C008: I recently changed my motherboard and after booting up the computer it says that my Windows 11 Home is not active. I have changed motherboard previously and everything worked fine. But now it is not for some reason. Any help on how to activate is greatly appreciated!...
  3. Can't activate Windows 11 on new motherboard. Error code 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows 11 on new motherboard. Error code 0xC004C008: I recently changed my motherboard and after booting up the computer it says that my Windows 11 Home is not active. I have changed motherboard previously and everything worked fine. But now it is not for some reason. Any help on how to activate is greatly appreciated!...
  4. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard: I built my own PC, so Windows was not pre-installed or anything like that, but it gives me the above error code in the Activation Troubleshooter. The specific text it uses is "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device....
  5. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new laptop and a Windows 11 Home licence, I entered the activation code and got the error 0xC004C008. I never used this code before, can you please help me?...
  6. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008

Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new laptop and a Windows 11 Home licence, I entered the activation code and got the error 0xC004C008. I never used this code before, can you please help me?...
  7. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  8. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  9. Windows activation error code 0xc004c008

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation error code 0xc004c008: I opened virtual agent to help me activate since I never used this code on another device but it asked me for my installation ID which I know because windows script host showed me it, however I can't past it in because the windows script host wont let me copy my installation...
  10. Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008: I recently built a Pc and got a defective motherboard, everything was fine until my motherboard started BSOD, so I decided to sent it back and ask for a refund since I could't access anything including the BIOS, I could not deactivate my Windows 10 Product Key. I got a new...