Windows 10: Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC

Discus and support Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am so frustrated right now. Have spent 4 hours trying everything listed on the internet and nothing works. Purchased new Win 11 Pro PC. Old PC OS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pmruzicka, Jul 21, 2024.

1. pmruzicka Win User

Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC

I am so frustrated right now. Have spent 4 hours trying everything listed on the internet and nothing works. Purchased new Win 11 Pro PC. Old PC OS is Win 11 Home. The old PC can see the shared files on the new PC. However, the new PC can NOT see any shared files on the old PC. I don't even know where to turn anymore. Many of the suggestions are not even clear on which PC to alter things on. Is there anyone that can walk me through this mess. It should not be this difficult to get two Windows 11 PCs to talk to each other.

:)

pmruzicka, Jul 21, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2024
  3. purchased new PC with windows 11. downloaded windows 10 from old PC to new PC with windows 11. fb@infoproducts will receive but will NOT send. how can I fix.

purchased new new PC with windows 11. uploaded windows 10 from old PC to new PC with windows 11.

email will recive but will NOT send on new PC with windows 11. How can I fix this. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

frank bannister, Jul 21, 2024
  4. Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC

Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC

I have an old PC running Windows 11 Pro, "activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". This is a retail licence purchased from the Microsoft Store.

This old PC is now suffering from various hardware problems, so I have bought a new one. This has been running Windows 11 Home under an OEM licence, also "activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account".

My question is, how do I deactivate the Windows 11 Pro licence on the old PC and activate it on the new PC? I know this is an obvious question, and after some searching I found one answer I thought addressed my particular issue.

I followed the steps set out in Redirecting but now I'm stuck. The troubleshooter on the new PC says "we found a Windows Home digital licence for this device running Windows 11 Pro. To activate using this digital licence, you need to install Windows 11 Home". At the final step, "See other devices linked to your Microsoft account" only shows the old PC, with the Windows 11 Pro licence. I am signed on to the same Microsoft account on both PCs and can see them both in "Devices".

I'm not worried about the licensing on the old PC, as it's going to be recycled anyway.

Mathew Windsor, Jul 21, 2024
Thema:

Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC

1. Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC - Similar Threads - Can't Access Old

2. Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access Old WIndows 11 PC on New Windows 11 PC: I am so frustrated right now. Have spent 4 hours trying everything listed on the internet and nothing works. Purchased new Win 11 Pro PC. Old PC OS is Win 11 Home. The old PC can see the shared files on the new PC. However, the new PC can NOT see any shared files on the old...
  3. Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.: I have a previous install media retail, USB of Windows 10 Pro that I have been using for years now that I want to install on a newly built PC to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro since it meets the requirements. I would really like to keep my Windows 10 Pro PC as a backup for other...
  4. Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.: I have a previous install media retail, USB of Windows 10 Pro that I have been using for years now that I want to install on a newly built PC to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro since it meets the requirements. I would really like to keep my Windows 10 Pro PC as a backup for other...
  5. Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.

6. can't get into windows 11 with my old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get into windows 11 with my old pc: so my surface pro 8 broke down and i needed some data from the device and i took the nvme ssd out. I then decided to put it in my old desktop pc to recover the data and that succeeded after putting the bit locker key in. Anyways I can't log in... I remember my password but I...
  7. can't get into windows 11 with my old pc

can't get into windows 11 with my old pc: so my surface pro 8 broke down and i needed some data from the device and i took the nvme ssd out. I then decided to put it in my old desktop pc to recover the data and that succeeded after putting the bit locker key in. Anyways I can't log in... I remember my password but I...
  8. Checklist for Replacing Old Windows 10 PC with New Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checklist for Replacing Old Windows 10 PC with New Windows 11 PC: I've probably replaced 4 or 5 PCs over the years and it is NEVER something I look forward to. I'm replacing an HP Windows 10 with an HP Windows 11, already installed. Is there a checklist I could follow that would help minimize the pain and discomfort?...
  9. New PC but can't upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC but can't upgrade to Windows 11: I have a Dell XPS 8930 purchased in 2019. It has an i7-9700 processor. The PC Health Check App says that I do not meet the requirements for Windows 11. When I try to enable the TPM 2.0 module in the BIOS, that option is grayed out. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks,...
  10. New PC but can't upgrade to Windows 11

New PC but can't upgrade to Windows 11: I have a Dell XPS 8930 purchased in 2019. It has an i7-9700 processor. The PC Health Check App says that I do not meet the requirements for Windows 11. When I try to enable the TPM 2.0 module in the BIOS, that option is grayed out. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks,...