Windows 10: Cannot use custom keyboard

Discus and support Cannot use custom keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got new computer with Windows 11I installed a custom keyboard layout that is modified Dvorak keyboard.However I cannot choose it.Language bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by risto.paasivirta, May 20, 2024.

1. Cannot use custom keyboard

Just got new computer with Windows 11I installed a custom keyboard layout that is modified Dvorak keyboard.However I cannot choose it.Language bar doesn't allow me to select it nor is there a way to change to it in the settings.I'm considering going back to Windows 10 since this one doesn't allow me to use my preferred keyboard layout.

:)

risto.paasivirta, May 20, 2024
  2. tanyary Win User

Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

A wonderful day everyone,

Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as "Unavailable input method" and are also unselectable as they break the taskbar language button in strange ways.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one can create a functioning keyboard layout for Windows 11? It'd be much appreciated.

Best regards.

tanyary, May 20, 2024
  3. Dinasis Win User
    How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, May 20, 2024
  4. Cannot use custom keyboard

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 20, 2024
Thema:

Cannot use custom keyboard

1. Cannot use custom keyboard - Similar Threads - Cannot custom keyboard

2. Cannot use custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use custom keyboard: Just got new computer with Windows 11I installed a custom keyboard layout that is modified Dvorak keyboard.However I cannot choose it.Language bar doesn't allow me to select it nor is there a way to change to it in the settings.I'm considering going back to Windows 10 since...
  3. Custom keyboard text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard text: For those of you who are familiar with Minecraft, you should know what I am referring to here. Anyways, I would like to try and make my keyboard to where whatever I type, it is in the Standard Galactic Alphabet. I can try and make it a keyboard font if it isn't currently...
  4. Delete a custom keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a custom keyboard?: Hello,This "new" keyboard layout has appeared out of the blue ?! in my pc. It's impossible to remove it from the windows settings as is seen with the photo. I tried the registry edit solution, but after deleting the respective register and restarting, it is still there. What...
  5. MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts: Hello,I have created a custom Japanese keyboard layout using MSKLC that supports symbols and characters common in other languages. But attempting to export my custom layout results in error messages like:Warning 1009 ..\.\tmpjpn1337.txt, line 75: A new scancode is being...
  6. Cannot use my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use my keyboard?: My laptop keyboard stopped working...maybe after an automatic update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-my-keyboard/76baaa4b-f87b-47ed-9c59-587d29e098af
  7. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  8. making a custom keyboard

making a custom keyboard: Hello! I'd like to set up an additional keyboard, which will use U+014A/U+014B (from Unicode) and U+00D1/U+00F1 in place of the "v" and "q". . .Any ideas on how to do that? I tried downloading the Keyboard layout creater, but they said I needed to download .NET framework...
  9. cannot use keyboard

cannot use keyboard: I cannot use my keyboard to type. Have to use the on screen keyboard which is slow. the driver is find. why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-keyboard/e989527d-f8f4-417f-afef-d728bdd4503f
  10. Customize On-Screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize On-Screen Keyboard: When I open the on screen keyboard on my Asus VivoTab 8 with my stylus it opens the "writing box" rather than the actual keyboard. Obviously this writing box isn't very useful because it's inaccurate and you can't really write more than one word at a time. My question is, how...