Windows 10: Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update

Discus and support Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I installed the latest Windows 11 update, I can no longer see Quick Access/pinned folders in HOME when I open File Explorer. I can only see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KGDPR121, Sep 28, 2023.

1. KGDPR121 Win User

Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update

After I installed the latest Windows 11 update, I can no longer see Quick Access/pinned folders in HOME when I open File Explorer. I can only see "RECOMMENDED", "FAVORITES", and "RECENT". I attempted to upload a screenshot, but the upload failed.How can I fix this?

:)

KGDPR121, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 28, 2023
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Sep 28, 2023
  4. Suman_B Win User

In File Explorer Quick Access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What exactly do you mean by “old firefox”?

Quick Access is basically showing you folders that you frequently used, and showing you files that you’ve recently accessed.

If you want to clear the files from file history, you can right click on the file and click on 'Remove from Quick Access"

I suggest you refer the below steps to clear file history.

1. Click Start and type: file explorer options and hit Enter or click the option at the top of the search results.
    2. Now in the Privacy section make sure both boxes are checked for recently used files and folder in Quick Access and click the Clear button.

Cookies
    are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or your login status, refer this article on
    Enable and disable cookies.

Refer this article on Disabling third-party cookies in Firefox.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Sep 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update - Similar Threads - Cannot Quick Access

2. Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see Quick Access in File Explorer Home after update: After I installed the latest Windows 11 update, I can no longer see Quick Access/pinned folders in HOME when I open File Explorer. I can only see "RECOMMENDED", "FAVORITES", and "RECENT". I attempted to upload a screenshot, but the upload failed.How can I fix this?...
  3. I cannot find Quick Access in the new updated file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find Quick Access in the new updated file explorer.: I completed the latest Windows update this morning and opened File Explorer, and the quick access was missing. I can still add files to quick access, but it is nowhere to be seen. When I search the internet, they refer to how great the new file explorer is. Without quick...
  4. I cannot find Quick Access in the new updated file explorer.

I cannot find Quick Access in the new updated file explorer.: I completed the latest Windows update this morning and opened File Explorer, and the quick access was missing. I can still add files to quick access, but it is nowhere to be seen. When I search the internet, they refer to how great the new file explorer is. Without quick...
  5. Repair "Home" / Quick Access in Windows 11, that diseappeared after an update in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair "Home" / Quick Access in Windows 11, that diseappeared after an update in File Explorer: After a windows update, I no longer have the Quick access icons in explorer in windows 11.Also when I try to launch my Quick Access through the start menu with my icon, I get an error message :In english it goes : This file does not contain any associated app to do this...
  6. Repair "Home" / Quick Access in Windows 11, that diseappeared after an update in File Explorer

Repair "Home" / Quick Access in Windows 11, that diseappeared after an update in File Explorer: After a windows update, I no longer have the Quick access icons in explorer in windows 11.Also when I try to launch my Quick Access through the start menu with my icon, I get an error message :In english it goes : This file does not contain any associated app to do this...
  7. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  8. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  9. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  10. File Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...