Windows 10: Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

Discus and support Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please note the screenshot I attached. I have 3 languages installed, but 4 keyboard layouts. Why?Also, under "Windows Display Language" I have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IvanJekic, Oct 7, 2021.

1. IvanJekic Win User

Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

Please note the screenshot I attached. I have 3 languages installed, but 4 keyboard layouts. Why?Also, under "Windows Display Language" I have 2 variants - English US and English UK. I want English UK gone, but cannot do it. Remove option is grayed out.Any help?

:)

IvanJekic, Oct 7, 2021

2. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    ?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

1. Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11 - Similar Threads - Cannot remove languages

2. Remove not listed languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove not listed languages: In the language switcher I see thisBut in installed languages this:How do I remove United Kingdom German from the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-not-listed-languages/d4fbacea-458e-4f32-8bdf-d208d0e50462
  3. Remove not listed languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove not listed languages: In the language switcher I see thisBut in installed languages this:How do I remove United Kingdom German from the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-not-listed-languages/d4fbacea-458e-4f32-8bdf-d208d0e50462
  4. Remove not listed languages

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cannot remove a keyboard language

I cannot remove a keyboard language: Hello Microsoft. Out of the blue I got Chinese TRADITIONAL TAIWAN keyboard inputs listed in the taskbar. However, when I try to uninstall the keyboard packs in Preferred languages, they are not even listed....
  6. Language keyboard cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language keyboard cannot be removed: Hi Team,I have removed the language keyboard but only in Text Services and input Languages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-keyboard-cannot-be-removed/d1f1aa87-f4ca-4520-b027-fb108e886bde
  7. Language keyboard cannot be removed

Language keyboard cannot be removed: Hi Team,I have removed the language keyboard but only in Text Services and input Languages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-keyboard-cannot-be-removed/d1f1aa87-f4ca-4520-b027-fb108e886bde
  8. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout: I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents because I live in a latam country :DBut i don't' know how. This is my language and region settingsI mainly want to remove options...
  9. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout: I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents because I live in a latam country :DBut i don't' know how. This is my language and region settingsI mainly want to remove options...
  10. Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11

Cannot remove languages and weird language keyboards listings in W11: Please note the screenshot I attached. I have 3 languages installed, but 4 keyboard layouts. Why?Also, under "Windows Display Language" I have 2 variants - English US and English UK. I want English UK gone, but cannot do it. Remove option is grayed out.Any help?...