Windows 10: Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT

Discus and support Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is an admin account I can no longer access on my windows 11 I have tried EVERY thing you can think of to delete an account, but before I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jared Postal, Jul 24, 2024.

1. Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT

There is an admin account I can no longer access on my windows 11 I have tried EVERY thing you can think of to delete an account, but before I can click anything or open a file it says access denied or to input the administrators password. I cannot reset the computer download a file or add an account or manage accounts or anything without something popping up that I need to input the administrator pass and email and when I try to input mine it says elevation required.

:)

Jared Postal, Jul 24, 2024
  2. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

guys quick question can you change your account from admin to limited from within xp providing there is another account that is admin

iamollie, Jul 24, 2024
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jul 24, 2024
  4. phynbarr Win User

Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT

Change User Account Admin rights

you've all been very welcoming and generous. However, your suggestions aren't solving my problem.

why can't I - as sole user of this PC - have admin rights to my own machine?

Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT 35272d1485956393t-change-user-account-admin-rights-2015_09_02_12_32_561.png

the minute I select Administrator the option to change account type is greyed out.

Perhaps you can't in Windows 10. In that case, it is ridiculous

Thanks again

phynbarr, Jul 24, 2024
Thema:

Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT

1. Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT - Similar Threads - Cannot changes anything

2. Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot make any changes to anything on this user account because of ADMIN ACCOUNT: There is an admin account I can no longer access on my windows 11 I have tried EVERY thing you can think of to delete an account, but before I can click anything or open a file it says access denied or to input the administrators password. I cannot reset the computer download...
  3. I cannot make my account an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot make my account an admin: I started using this computer at work and logged into it with my account, we have a local domain. But on this computer I don't have admin privileges and I have been trying to give myself but they aren't working. I use another machine at work with the same account, under the...
  4. How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users: Hi, I accidentally made all the accounts in my pc normal users there is no administrators how can I make on of them admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-account-admin-if-all-the-accounts/de0c26a5-9cda-45a4-93ba-3b779152de66
  5. I cannot make an account an admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot make an account an admin: Although I saw multiple videos on how to become an admin on desktop devices, I could not figure out how to become an admin on the Surface Go 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-make-an-account-an-admin/899fb40c-9ba6-4c87-a80e-f6d98d928692
  6. Cannot make changes to my user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot make changes to my user account.: I cannot download any software. I get the do you want this app to make changes to your computer. My only choice is no. I get this same message when I try to make changes to my user account. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  7. User admin account to make changes that show up in standard account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User admin account to make changes that show up in standard account?: If I login to the administrator account to make changes, I naturally want any changes I make to appear in the standard user account since that is the one I am making changes for. Does this happen automatically or do I have to do something special to make sure it always works...
  8. User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts: I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts. On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if...
  9. Change User Account Admin rights

Change User Account Admin rights: I am the sole user of this computer. The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator. I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...