Windows 10: Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11

Discus and support Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update to Windows circa Jan 13, there's a snap assist window on the screen of my laptop. It snaps the windows if I select any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by S. Hussain Akbar, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11

Since the last update to Windows circa Jan 13, there's a snap assist window on the screen of my laptop. It snaps the windows if I select any of the layout options.The thing is, I can't get rid of this window. It doesn't move, it doesn't close. I don't want it on top of whichever screen I'm working on. How do I make it go away?Also, I have a second monitor plugged in and there's a black bar at the top in the middle that's also persisting.For the stock questions by MS Helpdesk: Yes, I have the latest drivers. Windows is up to date. No, there are no viruses. Yes, the computer is switched on.

:)

S. Hussain Akbar, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11

1. Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot rid snap

2. How to get rid of AI Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of AI Assistant: I've seen this question posted by others, but I'm uncertain how to cull out the reply that is relevant to my situation. I believe these 2 images are referred to in those questions:ICONS IN LOWER RIGHT CORNERNOTIFICATION ICONSPlease let me know what to do with these 2 groups...
  3. How to get rid of AI Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of AI Assistant: I've seen this question posted by others, but I'm uncertain how to cull out the reply that is relevant to my situation. I believe these 2 images are referred to in those questions:ICONS IN LOWER RIGHT CORNERNOTIFICATION ICONSPlease let me know what to do with these 2 groups...
  4. How to get rid of AI Assistant

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of snap assist on Windows 11: Since the last update to Windows circa Jan 13, there's a snap assist window on the screen of my laptop. It snaps the windows if I select any of the layout options.The thing is, I can't get rid of this window. It doesn't move, it doesn't close. I don't want it on top of...
  6. Windows 11 version 22H2: snap assist changes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 version 22H2: snap assist changes: In the third part of the series, we are going to take a closer look at the changes that Microsoft makes to Windows 11's Snap Assist feature in the Windows 11 2022 update. Microsoft did not introduce too many new features in Windows 11. Snap Assist, a feature to manage...
  7. Change Snap Assist threshold

Change Snap Assist threshold: I have to basically be going the speed of light to break through the snap assist and move a window to my second monitor and there doesn't appear to be an option to fix this from what I have seen so is there any method tofix it. given I don't see the option in the multitasking...
  8. Snap Assist error

Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  9. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...