Windows 10: Cannot expand partition size

Discus and support Cannot expand partition size in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I messed up my partitions and now find myself without space on my C disk, which is creating all sorts of issues. I have tried EaseUS partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andres Leonard, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Cannot expand partition size

Hi,I messed up my partitions and now find myself without space on my C disk, which is creating all sorts of issues. I have tried EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition assistant with no luck.It seems that the problem is the disk I want to expand with the non assigned space on my main disk is surrounded by other disks, and not adjacent to the space I want to merge it with.Any suggestions?Thank you very mucjh

:)

Andres Leonard, Dec 18, 2023
  2. fredde Win User

Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Cannot expand partition size :)*Smile Cannot expand partition size :)

fredde, Dec 18, 2023
  3. Partition Sizes?

Depends on how much you need for each. For the one O/S....you should be looking at 15 GB (if using this partition to store things like documents, movies, pics...120 or more GB), page file...3-4 GB (since you only have 1 GB of ram), then the rest for installed applications.

kwchang007, Dec 18, 2023
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Cannot expand partition size

Increasing Partition Size

You can't remove unallocated space, because it is, by definition, unallocated. Do what LX07 and Cereberus are suggesting and get the free Minitool. Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free You will be able to shrink "D" and expand "C" easily and safely. Download and install it, and someone here will walk you thru the few simple steps.

f14tomcat, Dec 18, 2023
Thema:

Cannot expand partition size

1. Cannot expand partition size - Similar Threads - Cannot expand partition

2. I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size: In a nutshell: I had a dual boot system Win 10 and Linux - I got rid of the linux system and expanded the Windows partition to make use of that free space.Now first of all, windows does not boot anymore. After hours of troubleshooting trying to repair it... Well. I...
  3. I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size: In a nutshell: I had a dual boot system Win 10 and Linux - I got rid of the linux system and expanded the Windows partition to make use of that free space.Now first of all, windows does not boot anymore. After hours of troubleshooting trying to repair it... Well. I...
  4. I cannot access my partition anymore after expanding the partition size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot expand partition size

Cannot expand partition size: Hi,I messed up my partitions and now find myself without space on my C disk, which is creating all sorts of issues. I have tried EaseUS partition manager and AOMEI partition assistant with no luck.It seems that the problem is the disk I want to expand with the non assigned...
  6. Error when trying to expand partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when trying to expand partition size: I am trying to partititon the unallocated space to new volume d: but whenever I try to do that I get this error: what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-expand-partition-size/d1975c5a-5dcf-4eb7-aee8-20f7388c6c17
  7. Error when trying to expand partition size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to expand partition size: I am trying to partititon the unallocated space to new volume d: but whenever I try to do that I get this error: what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-expand-partition-size/d1975c5a-5dcf-4eb7-aee8-20f7388c6c17
  8. Error when trying to expand partition size

9. Expand partition

Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  10. Expanding SSD Partition Size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Expanding SSD Partition Size: I have a Samsung 850 EVO 500g SSD that was originally made to house two partitions, C: and D:. I've migrated all my files from D: to another drive and have unallocated the D: drive. But now I'm having trouble allocating all the space now recovered from D: to the C:...