Windows 10: Cannot enable msconfig services after disabling it.

Discus and support Cannot enable msconfig services after disabling it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I had to do a windows clean boot, I followed the instructions shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 6itme, Jun 6, 2024.

1. 6itme Win User

Cannot enable msconfig services after disabling it.

Today I had to do a windows clean boot, I followed the instructions shown here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd#bkmk_reset_w11But after upon restarting my laptop, I’ve figured the systems I’ve disabled except for Microsoft ones are not able to be enabled anymore. I have no idea what the issue is, and would like to know how to solve the problem. Thank you.

:)

6itme, Jun 6, 2024

2. Msconfig services disabled

I accidentally disabled all msconfig services,all appears are the internet icon wich is not connected to the internet,ease of access and power icon. I cant log in to the window that is already been disabled please help me on how to enable all the msconfig
    services that i accidentally disabled.

GeoffCarter08, Jun 6, 2024
  3. Disabled all services in MSConfig

Hi Nancy,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting the issue, kindly refer to the post of Frederik Long on this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Jun 6, 2024
  4. Elbern Win User

msconfig, disable all services, break lfsvc (geoloc)

I answer to my previous message:

I provided name lsvc instead of lfsvc, and i created like an idiot a service named lsvc and i had to delete it manually.

Ok about the previous step it worked for me, but for a reason or another, even if all services are selected, i won't be able anymore to select normal boot from msconfig.

Last edit for this message:

I tryed all ms config fixed found on the web, i enabled all startup item with ctrl alt del,

tryed disable a service temporary then activate all services again, msconfig say it's normal boot and will restart, but next startup, it's on selective startup.

Elbern, Jun 6, 2024
Thema:

1. Cannot enable msconfig services after disabling it. - Similar Threads - Cannot enable msconfig

2. Cannot enable msconfig services after disabling it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable msconfig services after disabling it.: Today I had to do a windows clean boot, I followed the instructions shown here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd#bkmk_reset_w11But after upon restarting my laptop, I’ve figured the systems...
  3. How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?: I can’t access msconfig from the CMD in troubleshoot.If you can give me a command that will work on CMD in the Troubleshoot menu.Don’t say “start msconfig” or “msconfig”, because that doesn’t work....
  4. How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable/enable a service from MSConfig in CMD?: I can’t access msconfig from the CMD in troubleshoot.If you can give me a command that will work on CMD in the Troubleshoot menu.Don’t say “start msconfig” or “msconfig”, because that doesn’t work....
  5. Disabled all msconfig services by accident and cannot login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled all msconfig services by accident and cannot login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  6. Disabled all msconfig services by accident and cannot login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all msconfig services by accident and cannot login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  7. Disabled all msconfig services by accident and cannot login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows service disable and cannot enable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows service disable and cannot enable it: windows service disable and cannot enable itplease anyone tell and please dont tell to reset pc plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-service-disable-and-cannot-enable-it/5def58fc-8307-4831-9345-b4d6352c9ab7
  9. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...
  10. Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG: Hi All Cannot get any updates for my windows 10 PC - update service hanging - am now 1 year out of date Tried to stop/start Windows Update service but that comes back with 'unable to stop service' Suggestion was to try a clean start by disabling non MS services Tried this...