Windows 10: Cannot disable Phone Link

Discus and support Cannot disable Phone Link in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I would like to be able to completely disable phone link and use it on demand.I have selected "Never" in Background app permissions.I have put "Off"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Georgi Iovchev, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Cannot disable Phone Link

Hi,I would like to be able to completely disable phone link and use it on demand.I have selected "Never" in Background app permissions.I have put "Off" to Runs at log-in.But still when I receive a call it goes to the PC no matter that I pick up on the phone. And that messes my calls.Some half workaround is that I disable bluetooth on my phone when I am at home, but that comes with other drawbacks if I forget to reenable bluetooth later when I may need it in a hurry in my car for example .... Other way is to logout, but that's also not acceptable.So is there any way to use this app really on

:)

Georgi Iovchev, Sep 30, 2023
  2. Herohtar Win User

How can I disable the "Link your Phone and PC" notification in Windows 10?

The new "Continue on PC" feature that came with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update also includes a notification that pops up saying "Link your Phone and PC". Answering no or clearing the notification gets rid of it, but after some amount of time and/or a reboot, it continuously comes back.

Presumably, if you actually install the app to link your phone it will stop giving you the notification, and I am also aware that you can completely disable suggestion notifications; however, I do not wish to use the phone link feature and I would prefer not to disable all future suggestions, as I could possibly be interested in one of them. Is there a way to specifically disable a single specific suggestion notification?

Herohtar, Sep 30, 2023
  3. Phone Link not showing Contact Names....again

I was able to fix this on my computer by following these steps:

1. In the Phone Link app on PC, go to Settings, click the My Devices tab, and use the ellipsis (...) menu on your device to remove it, then close the app.
    2. On your phone (mine is an Android), go to Settings, Apps, Link to Windows, Open, then remove your PC from the Linked Computers section.
    3. Restart your phone.
    4. Re-link the phone and PC by restarting the Phone Link app on your PC and following the step to add your device.
    5. Perhaps this is the critical thing, but I noticed in the Link to Windows app on Android, there is a toggle to "Sync contacts" under the list of Linked Computers, which was disabled for me. Turn this on.
    Contacts are showing up again for me now - yay!

FredFredrickson, Sep 30, 2023
  4. meebers Win User

Cannot disable Phone Link

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Sep 30, 2023
Thema:

Cannot disable Phone Link

1. Cannot disable Phone Link - Similar Threads - Cannot disable Phone

2. Cannot link phone with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot link phone with Windows 10: I'm trying to link my Android phone with my Windows 10 Pro machine and I'm having some issues with this process.I start the Phone Link app, and it generates an initial QR code. On my phone, in the Phone Link app, I can scan this QR code and it initially works phone reports...
  3. Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner

Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner: Windows 11 Pro.I have disabled the phone link notifications in Windows and have turned offnotification banners on my pcmy notificatiosn in the phone link feature feedshow badge on task barBut the banner still pops up and stays overlayed over all other apps.Please expain how...
  4. Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner: Windows 11 Pro.I have disabled the phone link notifications in Windows and have turned offnotification banners on my pcmy notificatiosn in the phone link feature feedshow badge on task barBut the banner still pops up and stays overlayed over all other apps.Please expain how...
  5. Cannot download phone link.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download phone link.: OK, this is take two. The last responsed were of no help.Phone link would not connect with my pc no matter which method I used.I decided to uninstall and reinstall phone link on my phone.Phone is LC K20 plus 7.0 system up to date.When I go to play store and select phone link,...
  6. Cannot download phone link.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download phone link.: OK, this is take two. The last responsed were of no help.Phone link would not connect with my pc no matter which method I used.I decided to uninstall and reinstall phone link on my phone.Phone is LC K20 plus 7.0 system up to date.When I go to play store and select phone link,...
  7. Cannot download phone link.

8. Cannot disable Phone Link

Cannot disable Phone Link: Hi,I would like to be able to completely disable phone link and use it on demand.I have selected "Never" in Background app permissions.I have put "Off" to Runs at log-in.But still when I receive a call it goes to the PC no matter that I pick up on the phone. And that messes...
  9. Cannot link phone through Your Phone app

Cannot link phone through Your Phone app: I have spent multiple hours attempting to connect my phone to my windows 10 pc. On my pc, the app says, "Please open Your Phone Companion - Link to Windows and sign in with email account". I have done that and the window hasn't advanced. On my phone it says, "Check your PC,...
  10. Cannot link phone to windows

Cannot link phone to windows: Correlation Id: 5b4de68784614ab68ca2d42c1053d20d Timestamp: 2020-03-18T03:05:23.672Z Hi community, The My Phone app occasionally can't connect to my phone after I come back home and have the phone near the computer. I usually try to use the app within 5-10 minutes after...