Windows 10: Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Discus and support Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TotallynotKian, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I had to replace the water cooler.What I've tried so far:Rebooting the routerFactory resetting the routerForcing a whitelist on my routerNetwork resetUnplugging ethernet and using WiFiUsing the ethernet cable on another computerworks perfectly fineConnected to a hotspot onto my phone desktop worked perfectly fineRunning

:)

TotallynotKian, Oct 26, 2022
  2. AndrewCar Win User

No internet after connecting Home AV system Ethernet cable

Dell XPS8900 Desktop System works fine, then I connect the Ethernet from the PC to the new Home HiFi AV system (via Sonos S-Connect) After that I get no access to the internet. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable (and reboot?) I get internet again. If I
    connect the Ethernet cable after first establishing access to the internet, I get internet AND control of the Home HiFi AV system until the PC goes to sleep or is turned off, then no internet again. Any suggestions please. Regards

AndrewCar, Oct 26, 2022
  3. Homucles Win User
    Cannot connect to Internet via direct Ethernet cable connection.

Hello. Have had this PC for about a year now. Came as Win7, updated to Win10 shortly thereafter. It is incapable of connecting to Internet wirelessly, so I connected it to modem directly through Ethernet cable. Have never had any problems whatsoever with
    connectivity to the Internet.

All of the sudden, as of about last week, I would start up my PC and it would be disconnected from the Internet. It cannot detect any sort of Internet connections despite being directly connected to the modem. Even wirelessly connected devices in my home
    like smartphones and tablets were unaffected by whatever ails my PC/Ethernet cable/etc.. I had:

• Restarted PC
    • Unplugged and replugged in modem after 30 seconds
    • Uninstalled drivers
    • Checked for driver updates (of which there were none)
    • Switched Ethernet ports
    • Switched Ethernet cables
    • Turned off firewalls and other malware-detecting programs
    • Reset network devices
    • ...and a host of other troubleshooting tips I have now forgotten
    None of these worked, but after 10-20 minutes, the Internet returned to normal. It has just happened again, and I did not retry any of the aforementioned actions, and, once again, it returned after 10-20 minutes.

It may seem to be a very trivial problem if the Internet ultimately comes back, but this effectively means my PC's startup time is extended to about 20 minutes, and this proves to be extremely inconvenient when I need to access the Internet.

Please offer any suggestions you think would solve this problem. Whatever system specifications are needed I will provide.

Homucles, Oct 26, 2022
  4. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Oct 26, 2022
Thema:

Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

1. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Cannot connect internet

2. Why is my pc not connecting to my internet through the Ethernet cable anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc not connecting to my internet through the Ethernet cable anymore?: Im having trouble with my pc as it’s not connecting to the internet through the Ethernet cable but when I tried the Ethernet on another computer, it was able to get connection. I don’t know what happened because my pc was connecting to the internet just fine through the...
  3. Why is my pc not connecting to my internet through the Ethernet cable anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my pc not connecting to my internet through the Ethernet cable anymore?: Im having trouble with my pc as it’s not connecting to the internet through the Ethernet cable but when I tried the Ethernet on another computer, it was able to get connection. I don’t know what happened because my pc was connecting to the internet just fine through the...
  4. Why is my pc not connecting to my internet through the Ethernet cable anymore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  6. No internet connection through ethernet

No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  7. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  8. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  9. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...
  10. Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable: Hey there, I'm having some serious trouble getting an internet connection properly. So I recently moved and my internet was fine on my pc for months.Now for no apparent reason I'm struggling to get an internet connection.I did have some issues with the cooling on my pc and I...